The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product.
I had serious smart-watch envy
As a former iPhone user (mine took a long swim in a tiny pond this year), I would see my friends with their watches and sigh. Why couldn’t I be one of those cool people who’s wristwatch kept up with the times? I am a Google Pixel XL2 user and my watch was….well, it was just a watch.
Until I discovered
The Fossil – Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch. Now I’m as cool as my friends with my new 40 mm stainless steel (in beautiful rose gold) watch that hacks my life like no other accessory in my wardrobe.
I ditched the fitness band
Wearing a watch on one wrist and a fitness band on the other left no room for a beautiful bracelet (or an arm full of them if I felt like it). My new Fossil OS Wear with Google watch picks up the slack and records info about my exercise sessions, monitors my heart rate and it looks good whether I’m at the gym, walking around the block or going out at night.
Bling for DAYS
The large face is surrounded by loads of bling (a big plus over that watch I envied) and the large ROUND face makes it easy to read. Plus, you can change the face whenever you like from basic to fancy (how about downloading a Maurice Lacroix or MVMT for a designer look).
Equal rights for iPhone and Android users
This Fossil women’s smartwatch communicates with both iPhone and Android smartphones for easy data collection. I have quick access to Google Pay—so I can pay with a wave at almost anyplace that accepts credit cards (my husband thinks this is a problem…cough, cough).
Ms. Disorganized finally has it together
You see, this fun watch keeps me ahead of my day with proactive, personalized help from Google Assistant, even before I ask. I get a lot more done and am able to maximize my time with more glanceable, easy to manage notifications, with smart replies to respond quickly on the go.
It does so much more than expected
With so many apps like the Washington Post (to keep up with my obsession with the news) and Google Maps for my GPS, I’m kept abreast of everything important in my life. I love that it syncs with my Google calendar and I can access to-do lists and more. There’s even a grocery list app (no more forgetting my list at home).
- Compatible with Android phones and iPhone® – Wear OS by Google works with phones running Android 4.4 or later (excluding Go edition) or iOS 9.3 or later operating systems.*
- Calendar, SMS, email and social apps notifications – Keep you updated on day-to-day happenings.
- Stainless steel case – Along with a 18mm stainless steel watch band ensures durability and an elegant look….and it comes simple or blinged out (like mine)
- Water-resistant design – Defends your smartwatch against submersion in up to 164′ of water. Helpful for someone like me (see above for what I did to my iPhone).
- Wireless connection to your device – Bluetooth 4.1 LE connectivity and NFC technology enables simple one-touch pairing.
- Comprehensive monitoring – Tracks distance, calories burned, activity, sleep activity, heart rate, steps taken and floors climbed.
- Vibrate mode – Quietly alerts you to a range of notifications, such as incoming e-mails, calls and text messages, as well as upcoming calendar events. The first time it did this, it startled me, but now I LOVE it. Especially when my phone isn’t nearby.
- Rechargeable battery – For extended battery life. Charge easily using the included wireless charging dock.
- The Fossil – Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch is available at Best Buy and BestBuy.com