Someone’s STILL got to do the dishes
Believe it or not, I used to LIKE washing dishes.In the good old days, I had a sink that was under the window to my yard. I could watch Ben and the sheepdogs play out back, or just daydream and I mindlessly washed. Ben is now grown, my sink is on the other side of a breakfast bar, I no longer have sheepdogs (and Clem is not a play-in-the-yard type of dog), and I don’t need that escape anymore. Dishes have become a CHORE. Oh, I have a dishwasher, and I use it daily. But, it’s just not enough.
WHY do I hate using my dishwasher?
Using my dishwasher should be a no-brainer, and I’m going to sound like an anti-environmentalist here when I say that – when they removed the phosphates from my dishwashing detergent, my dishes and glasses never looked quite as clean as they used to. My glasses have spots, I have to wash my dishes before putting loading them (the food just doesn’t come off), and frankly I’d come to believe that hand washing my dishes again is the ONLY way to get them clean.
The New Kid in Town
Cascade sent me their new PLATINUM with DAWN to review. I wasn’t hopeful. I’ve tried so many before this. Some were better than others, but none did this…
With no scraping or rinsing
When I put a product to the test, I give it my ALL…and by giving it my ALL in THIS case, meant doing as little as possible – no rinsing, no scraping, and a lot of hoping. The BIGGEST surprise was that not only did my dishes and glasses come out sparkling clean, but my dishwasher looked like I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed it.
How can this be?
Cascade© Platinum Pacs feature an advanced triple action recipe that is specially designed to leave dishware virtually spot-free and help prevent the build-up of hard-water ﬁlm on dishwasher walls. These little packets create a clean so powerful that they even help keep your dishwasher machine sparkling and deliver a variety of dish care beneﬁts:
- Scrubs away tough 24 hour stuck-on food
- Eliminates the need to pre-wash dishes
- Provides exceptional dishware shine
- Contains the Grease Fighting Power of Dawn
How does it do this WITHOUT phosphates?
- Increased enzyme power delivers better tough food cleaning than Cascade Complete Pacs
- Unique liquid-top dual surfactant system delivers exceptional shine for the dishes AND helps keep your dishwasher sparkling
- Specially designed chelant and polymer system helps prevent hard-water film build-up on your dishes, glasses and even the interior walls of your dishwasher
- The chelant is designed to fight Calcium that comes in with hard-water and food to help deliver virtually film-free dishes wash after wash
Gail Simmons from Top Chef and Food & Wine
Gail Simmons has partnered with Cascade to offer her suggestions for making your dinners look DELIGHTFUL.
It’s more than just a great-‐tasting recipe, but also perfect presentation. Sparkling dishes, shining flat ware and spot-‐free glasses truly let you put your best food forward with culinary creations that pop!
Gail recommends impressing with a Platinum Presentation:
“The easiest recipes pop with unexpected, gourmet presentations. Drizzle bright sauces on sparkling white plates or layer desserts in crystal-‐clean glassware. Keep your presentation sparkling with Cascade Platinum, which keeps dishes perfect for anytime entertaining and impromptu guests.”
She’s even shared an EASY recipe for Panna Cotta (my mouth is watering)
Oh & for you food contest lovers
Cascade “My Platinum” is having a four week Instagram contest! For those of you who LOVE taking food photos, simply upload photos related to the weekly contest themes. Show off how sparkly Cascade makes all your pots, pan and plates!
- Visit the contest landing page for information on how to enter and submit images:
- The landing page will prompt users to sign up for Instagram if they are not currently users of the app.
- Each week, two contestants will be selected to receive a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher.
- Additionally, one lucky grand prize winner will receive a Platinum kitchen makeover!
To win, users have to both register and upload a photo with the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade. Participants that have not registered will be disqualified from winning. Each week will have a 6-‐day entry period where Instagram users can enter the contest with their #MyPlatinum Photo. Cascade will choose two weekly winners and one final grand prize winner after the entry period has ended. Please be sure to include both the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade in your entries to the contest!
- Week 1: My Platinum Plate (Entry Period: 6/3-‐6/9) Show your best dish styled from the sparkling plate up!
- Week 2: My Platinum Bite (Entry Period: 6/10-‐6/16) Show your best bite and most creative use of sparkling silverware!
- Week 3: My Platinum Clink (Entry: 6/17-‐6/23) Show how you serve up creative concoctions in sparkling glasses. Cheers!
- Week 4: My Platinum Table (Entry Period: 6/24-‐6/30) Show your sparkling tablescape for your most special celebrations!
- Grand Prize Winner (Entry: 6/3-‐6/30)
GOOD LUCK and PLEASE share your entries with me, I’d love to see them!
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating