This post has been sponsored by Perdue Farms. Breakfast is one of those meals I really enjoy making. Maybe it’s because I’m awake and ready to jump in to the day.
Getting off to a good start every morning is about more than just coffee. You need food. And what better way to get a boat-load of taste, a nutritional boost and a way to head off the “just arrived at the office” growling stomach than by preparing a tasty, palate-pleasing breakfast that won’t force you to get up early to prepare it?
Happily, there are breakfast bowls and there are BREAKFAST BOWLS, and my suggestions include ingredients some folks save for weekends because they haven’t time for anything more than a bowl of cereal or a doughnut: Canadian bacon, bacon strips, sausage, and steak.
Your mouth is watering, right? Keep reading. Your stomach won’t be making strange noises for long once you adopt these bowls as your morning repasts and a few of them can even be prepared at night and baked in the morning.
1. Canadian Bacon Egg Cups
My son Ben makes these on the weekends and keeps them refrigerated to grab and go in the morning. They are especially great for those days when you’re short on time. This is for ONE egg cup, but I always make at least 6 or more of them at a time.
- cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of Coleman Natural Uncured Canadian Bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- Pre-heat an oven to 350-degrees
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Chop Canadian bacon (I like big chunks, but the choice of size is all yours)
- Scramble egg
- Add Canadian Bacon and cream cheese
- Spoon into muffin tin
- Bake for between 12 to 18 minutes, depending upon how you like your eggs.
Make extra. You’ll want to eat more than one.
2. South of the border bacon tacos
I often have tortillas leftover because there are so many in a package and only two of us. I love using them up this way.
- 2 tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon
- 1 boiled potato cubed
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup of shredded taco cheese
- sour cream
- Saute onions in pan
- Add potato and cook until the edges get crisp and the onion is caramelized
- Fry the bacon (I microwave 1 minute for each slice, but if you prefer the pan method…go for it)
- Drain grease
- Chop bacon into chunks
- Scramble eggs and add to the potatoes
- Add bacon and taco cheese
- Heat tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave
- Stuff tortillas with egg mixture
- Add salsa &/or sour cream
3. “The fix it the night before” sausage and egg breakfast bowl
Take a pass on morning drama by compiling these breakfast bowls at night and cooking them in the morning.
- frozen hash browns
- olive oil
- Niman Ranch Farmhouse ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small green or red pepper chopped
- shredded swiss cheese
- salt & pepper
- Sauté frozen hash browns in olive oil, salt, and pepper until golden brown & crispy.
- Saute the ground sausage with the chopped onion and peppers.
- Fill large ramekins or other oven-proof bowls with a layer of potatoes, sausage, and peppers
- Scramble eggs and add them to each bowl.
- Top with swiss cheese.
- Warm-up bowls in the oven the following morning.
4. A true Champagne Living style breakfast bowl
- Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Beef Steak Strips for Stir-Fry
- 1/2 onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- cooked asparagus
- bleu cheese
- balsamic glaze
- olive oil
- sliced avocado
- chop spinach
- cut cherry tomatoes in half
- grill steak
- fill the bowl with spinach & cooked asparagus
- add steak
- fry or poach eggs
- add eggs to the bowl
- top with feta cheese & slices of avocado
- drizzle with the balsamic glaze & olive oil
5. Mr. Sandler’s meaty breakfast bowl
- 1 package Coleman Natural Canadian Bacon diced
- 1 package diced Colemen Natural Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- I package Niman Ranch Breakfast Sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- red peppers
- Pre-heat the oven to 400-degrees
- Fry bacon until crisp
- Drain bacon and crumble.
- In the same skillet, cook 6-ounces each of diced Canadian bacon and sausage
- Remove and use the oil to sauté the onion & peppers until cooked until cooked
- Reat 8 eggs with 1 cup of milk, salt, and pepper
- Fill bowls with the defrosted hash brown potatoes, bacon, Canadian bacon, sausage, onions, and peppers
- Top with 2 cups of cheese
- Cover with foil and bake until eggs are cooked and set.
This reheats the next day nicely!
Get 15% off all of the meats used in these recipes available at Perdue Farms when you use this link: http://perduefarms.com/champagneliving