OK, so I arrived home from Cancun, tanned and relaxed. I also returned 3 lbs. heavier than when I arrived there. To tell you the truth, I didn’t care. I enjoyed every last morsel of the wonderful foods that my hosts fed us.
BUT NOW IT’S TIME TO Get the Weight Off (those 3, plus a LOT more).
I finally found a diet book that looks like it will work for me. It’s healthy and practical and I LOVE the fact that it’s targeted at women who are of a certain age (like me). Id’s actually seen books by Tosca Reno before (like the Eat Clean Diet). I’d pick them up in the bookstore and marvel at how wonderful she looks (and no, she’s not in her 20’s – she’s in her 40’s). Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way is specifically targeted to women in their 30’s , 40’s and 50’s.
I have to say that I HATE weight control books that are dry and all text. Ms. Reno has peppered her program with before and after photos of women who’ve been able to take it off and KEEP it off, including their stories and what lead them to actually take that step to a healthier, fitter lifestyle. Yes, this book includes fitness and health & beauty tips as well as an eating plan. She also includes recipes that look sinful, but are clean.
Clean? Yes, clean. No chemicals, no diet products, no junk that our bodies can’t process. She teaches you to eat the way we’re SUPPOSED to eat (funny how many of us – myself included – don’t eat the real foods that our bodies need).
You’ll find out how to:
- Boost your metabolism and increase fat burning
- Age-proof your body and turn back the clock
- Reverse aging – look and feel younger than you have in a LONG time
- Create the BEST body you can.
Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way is a truly inspirational book with easy to follow instructions that can actually change your body. It’s the REAL DEAL!
Here are a couple of recipes from the book…..
by Tosca Reno with Stacy Baker,
Authors of Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way
- 2 packages rice-paper spring roll wrappers (20 wrappers)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, julienned
- 4 green onions finely chopped, use only the green part
1. Soak one rice-paper wrapper in a large bowl of hot water until softened.2. Place a pinch each of carrots, sprouts, cucumber, bell pepper and green onion on the wrapper toward the bottom third of the rice paper.3. Fold ends in and roll tightly to enclose filling.4. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Chill before serving.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar (nor seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Pinch each of coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
1. Combine garlic, carrot, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and both types of pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. With machine running, add vegetable oil and then water through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream.
3. Chill and serve sauce with spring rolls.
TIP: Rice paper is tricky to work with, but remember if it rips you can often enclose the tear. Keep trying! The dipping sauce is fabulous with almost anything. I like to use it as a refreshing alternative to hummus.
To learn more about Tosca Reno and her “Eat Clean” diet go to http://www.toscareno.com
I received a copy of this book in order to complete this review. I was not compensated and all opinions are 100% my own.
Extra Entries (unlimited)
- Rate/review Champagne Living on Alexa
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link & hit send)
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on October 21, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor