Winter for many of us means the beginning of ugly lip season. You know, chapped, cracked, flaky lips that look AWFUL when you attempt to put lipstick over them. There are a host of products on the market that will help combat winter lips. Some of them are waxy, some are like a salve and others are creamy – but until recently, NONE of them were pretty.
One of the standards in hydrating lip balm has finally done it. Carmex has created Moisture Plus with Vitamin E, shea butter, and Aloe to protect ugly lips PLUS they’ve added sunscreen to protect you from further damage AND they’ve tinted them!
Now there’s no need to attempt to use your lipstick OVER your lip balm or salve with Carmex Moisture Plus. I tried the sheer peach tint, and it went on smooth and cast just the sheerest look of peach onto my lips. It’s less like a lipstick and more like a gloss. The shea butter and Vitamin make it glide on effortlessly. I was immediately hit with a menthol type of sensation on my lips (I totally wasn’t expecting THAT). I guess that means that it’s working. I found that my lips felt softer almost immediately, and it lasted longer than I had expected.
While it didn’t take the place of using lipstick (since the color is so sheer), it was perfect for a casual daytime look, especially if you’re headed out into some COLD weather. Now you all know that I live in South Florida, so my lips weren’t really chapped enough to test out how this product heals damaged lips.
So, when you suit up in your Bogner ski suit, slip into your Dalbellos (my favorite ski boots) and click into the bindings on your Fischers, don’t forget to stick a tube of Carmex Moisture Plus ultra hydrating lip balm into your pocket before you pull on your Kombi mittens.
Carmex Moisture Plus is available in
You can buy Carmex Moisture Plus at Walgreens, Walgreens.com and Amazon.com for $2.99 a tube.
I was sent a tube of each to try in order to write this review. All opinions are strictly my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link it will send the tweet to your twitter. Hit send and you’re all set.)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on December 22, 2010 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck