Tired of eating the food at the hotel while at BlogHer? Is your sweet tooth acting up YET AGAIN? The urge has hit and there’s NOTHING that you can do other than to GIVE IN. So, what do you do, where do you go when you’re in NY for the first time and need a nosh of moist cake with sweet, delicious frosting on top? You head over to one of the many CUPCAKE bakeries around the city and INDULGE.
If you’ve got the kids in tow, they’ll be just as happy as YOU are when they bite into one of these tasty little cakes.
1. Magnolia Bakery – With FOUR locations throughout the city (plus DELIVERY) you should be able to give in to any craving. Whether you want a vintage cake flavored cupcake, or any of the more modern versions, you will have plenty of options. The FIRST bakery that I think of when you say the word “CUPCAKE” is always Magnolia. Also – if you’re a Sex and the City fan – you’ll recognize these as the cupcakes from the fantasy episode.
2. Crumbs Bake Shop – Another cupcake bakery with outposts throughout the city (12 within Manhattan) – these MASSIVE cupcakes are sure to delight.
3. Cupcake Cafe – Located in Chelsea and Midtown these are some of the PRETTIEST cupcakes you’ll ever lay eyes on. But don’t feel bad about taking a bite – these taste as good as they look.
4. Ladybird Bakery – If you’re headed to Brooklyn, this is a MUST STOP on your cupcake list. You’ll love the charming little store front and LOVE the little cakes with frosting that are GORGEOUS.
5. Sugar Sweet Sunshine – Sit down, relax and indulge your sweet tooth at this comfortable little cupcake bakery on Rivington.
6. Amy’s Bread – I know that I said 5 – but my rich, handsome brother insisted that I let you know that Amy’s Bread has the BEST Chocolate Devil’s Food Cupcakes. With three locations – including Chelsea Market, Greenwich Village and Hell’s Kitchen – you’ll be able to get your chocolate cupcake fix (as well as great breads).