Each year brings new ideas and trends that seem to catch on like wildfire. Do you remember when EVERYONE had to paint their walls a sage color, or the Southwestern salmon color that you saw in every living room you walked in to? While I ADORE checking out new colors, I always feel like using it as an accessory vs. an overpowering addition makes it much more livable over a longer period of time.
2015 is right around the corner, and so many of us are updating and sprucing up our décor. Are you traditional or trendy? It’s fun to add some of the hottest trends, especially after looking around at the same old room every day
Here are my top 7 picks
1. Natural Light – This is my FAVORITE. There’s nothing like the rays of sunshine entering to brighten a room. Rather than heavy looking drapes, using elegant blinds that can be opened to let the daylight in easily is an accessory you’ll never tire of.
2. Color – If you’ve fallen in love with this year’s hottest colors – Sangria or Royal Blue – why not use them as an accent via throw pillows or by draping a colorful swatch across the table? That way when you decide that you’re really a Sea Fog lover underneath it all, you won’t be living with something that you don’t like anymore.
3. Mirrors – We’re not talking those ugly mirrored walls from back in the 70’s and 80’s, but instead hang a beautiful vintage mirror. Put it opposite the light source to bring an openness to the room.
4. The things you love – you know – it could be your snow globe collection, or vintage kimono (that’s my passion). DISPLAY THEM and be surrounded by the items that make you smile each time you enter the room.
5. Coffee tables – It’s not just for your coaster and coffee. A beautiful display on a coffee table can make or break your living room….and yes, you SHOULD use it for those “things you love.”
6. Window treatments – They’re not JUST for letting in or shutting out light. You can make a bold statement or be completely subtle. It’s all in what suits your taste and the surrounding décor.
7.Tech – Home automation IS THE TREND lately, your TV has a remote so why not your window treatments? Companies like Décorview and Hunter Douglas products offer high tech coupled with elegance.
Schedule your free design consultation from Décorview and save on your window projects before December 16th.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Décorview. The opinions and text are all mine.