Admission – I have never watched Mad Men. NEVER – not even 1/2 of an episode. I don’t even know when it’s on, but after ready The Fashion File – I WANT TO see if I can find the DVD and catch up on all of those episodes that I’ve missed.
Why? Because I love retro/vintage fashion. I love mixing the old with pieces that are new. You’ll often find me scouring second hand and vintage stores looking for old scarves and hats. Those are my FAVORITES. I have a collection of silk scarves from the 50’s from all over the world (remember those “Capri” scarves….well, I have one). I also know that my “style” is not cookie-cutter and that I don’t necessarily wear what everyone else does – I wear clothes that reflect ME!
The Fashion Files brings you into the dressing rooms of Mad Men with the Emmy Award-winning costume designer (and author of The Fashion Files) Jane Bryant. Whether you prefer classic, modern, bohemian or vintage (like me) – she’ll help you figure out your OWN leading lady style.
Ms. Bryant covers things like
- How to find your TRADEMARK look
- How to pair authentic accessories with modern clothes
- Secrets for dressing right for YOUR shape
- Why accessories are SO important
- and much, much, more
I fell in love with some of her simple to execute ideas for glamming up my wardrobe. While I would have never really considered 80’s fashion – the idea of adding an ornate little bolero jacket to my t-shirt & jeans (and favorite heels) sounds spectacular.
Still, I love the basics and Jane Bryant clearly understands that a basic wardrobe is to be accessorized well. From wearing the perfect undergarments to making sure that your lips and eyelashes “dress up” your face, you’ll find some wonderful ideas for creating your own distinct look.
More than just a glance behind the scenes at a popular television show’s stylings, The Fashion Files is a timeless handbook for anyone wanting to look like a leading lady.
The Fashion File: Advice, Tips, and Inspiration from the Costume Designer of Mad Men is available for purchase from Amazon.com and your local book dealer.
I received a copy of this title for my book review. All opinions are strictly my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link & hit send)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on November 19, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor