I have NO idea why I feel this way. Some weeks seem to be more complicated than others, and this one was pretty FREE of any of those things that get thrown at you. Hal (my little Civic Hybrid) is back home where he belongs (after spending a MONTH in the body shop), No one is sick this week (better not jinx myself) for the first time this winter, and life has been fairly smooth sailing.
So, I’m thinking about having a BIG weekend. If the snow and cold has got you down (it’s even been cold here in Florida – with nights going down into the 20’s), it’s time to GO OUT & have one of those WONDERFUL weekends.
I set out to find some great deals for going out, going away & having a good time.
- Restaurant.com has a deal going on. Just purchase & print out your certificates & you can be out the door & going to your favorite place to eat in 5 minutes or less. Here’s their LATEST promotion. Save 70% off $25 Gift Certificates. Use code SAVE and pay $3. Valid Now thru 1/26/09
- Thinking more about a romantic dinner in? If you live in the New England area you can Shop Peapod 24/7 and get $10 in FREE groceries
Beyond this weekend and looking ahead to next week, there are some BIG movie screenings coming up! Sign up for FREE Pre-Screening passes. Please note that these are limited to certain cities & may fill up quickly.
- Pink Panther 2 – 29 screenings in FL, MI, PA& NJ
- The Univited – 22 screenings in PA, DC, UT, FL, CO, CT, MI, MA, MN, MO,
- I Love You, Man – screenings in MA, FL, DC, WA, & MI
- Push – screenings in DC, OR, CA, WA, OH, IN, KY, FL & PA
- New In Town – screenings in UT, NY, IN, CO, CA, & DC
- He’s Just Not that Into You – screening in PA
Check back, because many times screenings are added later!
If you really want to see one of the 5 Oscar Nominated movies, but you can’t bring yourself to pay $12 for your ticket (plus Popcorn of course).
AMC Theatres is having their “Best Picture Showcase” of the 2009 nominees.
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Slumdog Millionaire
- The Reader
See all 5 flicks for only $30 INCLUDING a FREE LARGE POPCORN with UNLIMITED REFILLS all day ($25 for Movie Watcher Members)
Tickets go on sale next Friday – January 30 – you’ll have to check back to see if your AMC Theatre is participating.