Things have changed a LOT since I used to go trick or treating back in the 50’s and 60’s. We didn’t go out dressed as movie or TV characters. Our choices were simpler…ghost, princess or witch. Filling a pillow case, coming home and going out to fill a second one was what it was REALLY about, but that’s all we had at our disposal. A mask and a pillow case. Today the kids go armed with fancy costumes, where I live some go door to door in golf carts, and of course all have their iPhone tucked in a pocket to keep in touch with mom and dad and..
Swipe up then hit the flashlight app on their iPhone and you’ll know that they’ll be seen in the dark (and not step in anything that they shouldn’t).
2. Track n Treat – Glympse
Not sure if your ghouls are old enough to roam the neighborhood on their own yet? You can track where they if you download the Glympse app on their iPhone and their location will be shared via GPS with mom & dad.
3. Google Maps
Make sure that they don’t get lost if they wander beyond the usual neighborhood. There’s nothing like having a good map on the phone and personally I prefer the ease of Google Maps for that.
4. Wondering where the GOOD candy is?
It’s easier to find out than you think. Nextdoor has added a “treat map” allowing kids to input and find the BEST candy in the neighborhood. So, pass those houses giving out pennies and head to the one with the full sized bars. Oh and don’t miss that house that’s haunted either. You’ll find those and more on Nextdoors treat map.
- Glympse – available for iPhone, Android and Windows
- Nextdoor/treat – available for both Android and iPhone
For more tech related posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers.
- Homemade screen cleaner that works by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Dial in those heating bills this winter by Controlled Confusion
- Top 5 Halloween game apps by Life with Lisa
- Must have tech gadgets for Fall by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Tech or Treat by Champagne Living
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.