There’s something about the feel of using Dove Soap on my skin that always brings back a flood of memories for me. I recall the curved white or pink bar being reserved for my mother’s skin. As I grew older, my mom switched us to Dove because she knew that it was not only gentle on our skin, but that it would set the routine that would stay with us for life. It was always creamy and had that distinct smell that was just slightly sweet.
When my son was born he had all sorts of skin problems and I remember the pediatrician telling me to ONLY use Dove Soap, to reduce any more incidents. So, Dove became OUR families soap as well.
One look in my shower and you can see that I MEAN what I say. There are Dove body washes, a bar of Dove Soap in the soap dish as well as Dove shampoo’s and conditioners. So, when Dove contacted me to try their newest body washes Dove with Nutrium Moisutre, I QUICKLY agreed.
The question that I had is – How can they make a great product even BETTER or is this just a new name for a product that I was using anyway?
Dove with Nutrium Moisture comes in 3 VERY different varieties.
Dove’s Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash – When Dove claims that a product is gentle I tend to believe them. But, how do you combine gentle+exfoliating (which sounds ROUGH)? Dove has created a formula that is not only moisturizes, but they’ve placed tiny blue exfoliating beads in the wash. The interesting thing is that by not adding TOO many of these beads, the exfoliation is a VERY gentle one. Personally, this is the body wash that I want to use AFTER THE BEACH, to remove any of that peeling, dry skin or BEFORE SHAVING. Did you know that by exfoliating BEFORE you shave (your legs), that you’ll get a smoother shave? I was actually taught that by a shaving EXPERT about a year ago. Now I not only come away with smooth skin, but I’m ready to bare my legs!
Dove’s Sensitive Skin Body Wash – If you’re looking for smooth and creamy but have a sensitivity to perfumes, this is the Dove with Nutrium Moisture that you’ll want to grab. Unscented and incredibly gentle plus it has the Nutrium Moisture that actually repairs and maintains your skin’s moisture. As with ALL of these new body washes, I noticed a LOT less dryness even later on in the day.
Dove’s Deep Moisture Body Wash – This one is already on my monthly shopping list. I LOVED the deep down moisturizing that I came away with after using this formula. I didn’t need to use the half a bottle of moisturizer that I’d normally slather on after the shower, as a matter of fact – on some days I didn’t follow up with ANY after shower moisturizer. It has a very luxurious feel to it and I felt like I was really pampering my skin.
- Until now all “regular” body washes CAUSE dry skin damage? They actually damage proteins and lipids in the skin’s outer layer during the cleansing process, which can cause a loss of moisture.
- When skin lacks proper moisture, dryness, tightness and irritation/redness can all occur
- Dove discovered how to restore skin’s natural moisture while cleansing with body wash
- NutriumMoisture™ technology actually cares for surface skin ten layers deep.
- Other moisturizing body washes use a moisturizer that sits on top of the skin.
- Dove contains NutriumMoisture™, a breakthrough formula of soybean oil and natural lipids that can nourish deep down
Of course, I was nosing around Dove’s site. Check it out because I found PLENTY of coupons, free samples as well as sweepstakes that you can enter. Also, if you sign up for Dove Dimensions you’ll be able to access a $1.00 off coupon for these GREAT new body washes.
Thank you to Dove, for providing these new Dove with Nutrium Moisture body washes for my review as well as a full size (24 oz) bottle of the Sensitive Skin Body Wash for a giveaway.
EXTRA ENTRIES –
* Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
* Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
* Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
* Twitter this giveaway
* Add our badge to your blog/site
* Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on September 10, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck