I’ll admit it right here and right now. I DON’T COOK BREAKFAST (except on Sunday mornings in the off-season – ONCE in a WHILE). We’re adults here. It’s just my husband and I in the mansion (for now at least) and we BOTH know how to fend for ourselves. Cook has no desire to set foot in the kitchen before 4 pm, so we’re on our own.
I admit that if I feel like a big Sunday breakfast, that I’ll cook one – but, during “the season” I go to Juno Beach with my family and we have breakfast out on Sundays. Oh and off-season, I like to head to Ft. Lauderdale on either Sunday morning, or Saturday (and I stay through Sunday). So it is a rarity. (*NOTE – I just received an e-mail suggesting that I add this line to my review: “You forgot to mention that you stay at your bros fabulous oceanfront home and spend your days at his chic beach club!” – I guess my brother reads my Champagne Living. I don’t know why, he TRULY lives the Champagne Life)
That doesn’t mean that I don’t like a little something with my coffee in the morning. My usual breakfast is a container of yogurt and maybe a bowl of oatmeal. Every now and then I NEED A TREAT. You know, something sweet and delicious. That’s where Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls come into play.
They’ve taken ALL of the work out of baking. No yeast to proof and rise (surprised I knew that), no measuring, mixing, stirring, slicing, dicing, etc. Pillsbury sent me a coupon for a package of these delicious treats along with a cool frame to put photos in (so I can preserve those morning memories of my stuffing my face with these sugary delights).
They were so easy to make, that I didn’t need to ask for Cook’s help (well, except to ask her where the pan is kept). I simply greased the pan, placed the pre-cut already made rolls into the pan and baked them. When they came out – I frosted them and VOILA – sweet wonderfulness (is that a word??).
As you can see by the picture, they didn’t last long. My mouth was watering from the smell of cinnamon mixed with the orange icing before I even took them out of the oven. If I could REALLY cook like this all of the time, Cook might have to look for another job.
If you’d like to try some for yourself, Pillsbury has a .95 off coupon on their website for you to print (along with lots of other coupons for Pillsbury products).
Thanks to Pillsbury and My Blog Spark for providing me with the coupon as well as the great photo holder for this review. I was in no way compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly my own.
- Join the Champagne Living Community – NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on March 10, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck