I’m guessing that each of us holds a place in our hearts for someplace special. It might be that secluded beach that you visited on your honeymoon, your first trip that you took solo to London or for many it’s a theme park like Disney that makes you feel like a kid again.
For me there’s ONE PLACE that holds my heart.
My first visit was in 1972 and I’ve gone back over and over again since. This coming summer I’ll be sitting at a table at The Marriage Frères across from my “place” on the rue du Bourg-Tibourg in the Marais (“my place” is either the Hotel Bourg-Tibourg… my FAVORITE hotel in Paris or in a small apartment on the same street) writing Champagne Living. Hopefully some of you will join me at one time or another in my travels.
Even though I go back fairly often, as with any place there are always new areas to discover. I love nothing more than just walking around my favorite city, choosing an arrondisement to spend the day and just get to know it.
Paris from the Heart offers a binder containing six books (each small enough to tuck into your handbag) that offer “Ultimate Walking Tours to Fun, Fashion, and Freedom.” Like me, Jan Dolphin loves this city as her own and shows her love on every page of this easy to navigate guide to the City of Lights. While you’ll certainly see the major sites along the way, Paris from the Heart offers you an inside view of places to see, eat and stay.
If you want to pack the city into a little over a week – there are eight walking tours (each taking a full day) through the neighborhoods of the city. One of the things that I love, is that each volume not only contains photos and maps, but there’s space in the back of each to jot down your impressions and journal your experience as well.
- Volume I: Introduction
- Volume II: Part 1: “My Cup Runneth Over: Major Tourist Hotspots”
Part 2: “The Islands and Then Some!”
- Volume III: Part 1: “Rive Gauche and the Land of Plenty”
Part 2: “Art, Sculpture, and La Grande Madame”
- Volume IV: Part 1: “Diamond Studded Whirlwind Tours on Rive Droite”
Part 2: “Walk a Mile in My Shoes: the World of Aristocratic Paris”
- Volume V: Part 1: “Who Knew You’d Be Mountain Climbing in Paris?”
Part 2: “Diamonds in the Rough: Fab Flea Markets”
- Volume VI: “Daytrippers: Short Trips Here and There”
For those of you who will be going to Paris, or are at this point just dreaming of it, as well as Francophiles of all kinds will love this beautifully illustrated guide to the most romantic city in the world.
Paris from the Heart by Jan Dolphin can be purchased directly from her website.
I received a copy of this book for my review. All opinions are strictly my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link it will send the tweet to your twitter. Hit send and you’re all set.)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on December 7, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor