One of the things that I’m doing is starting my day off with low fat or fat free yogurt (I prefer the rich Greek style yogurt). I’ve always done this, but part of my plan for 2010 is to eat healthier and I don’t want all of that extra sugar that companies add to yogurt. So, I’ve decided to cut up fresh fruit and add it to my yogurt.
When MomCentral approached me about Nature’s Peak frozen fruit a lightbulb went off. If I use frozen fruit rather than fresh, I won’t have to worry about WASTING anything. PLUS I can mix fruits. The BEST part? I don’t have to peel or cut the fruit up.
What a GREAT WAY to start the day, just open a container of plain yogurt and add some Sunburst Mango or may a handful of the Berry Quartet (with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries). This is a HEALTHY and TASTY way to start my day.
Of course, for those times when I am looking for something sweet in the evening (my time to binge), I’ll add some of the Sliced Country Strawberries over some Angel Food Cake (with a dollop of low-fat whipped topping). Of course if you’re not watching your weight, you can certainly top ice cream with your favorite combination of fruits.
Since Nature’s Peak sent me a couple of bags of their Premium Frozen Fruit to try, I headed over to their website to see some of their recipe selections. I found this AWESOME recipe for
- 1-16oz. bag Nature’s Peak™Paradise Fruit Medley
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Nature’s Peak™ Fiesta Tropical Blend
- 2 tbsps. Smucker’s™ Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand™ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping, thawed
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 8 prepared 9-inch crepes
1. COARSELY chop frozen fruit. Toss gently with marmalade. Spread fruit on a plate in a single layer allowing it to thaw, 45-60 minutes.
2. SPREAD coconut in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until golden brown.
3. COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in large bowl. Fold in whipped topping and several drops of green coloring, mixing until blended and desired lime color is achieved. Spread 1/2 cup lime filling over the inside (lighter-colored side) of crepe to within 1/4-inch of edge. Fold in half once, and then into quarters. Place on individual dessert plate. Top with 1/8 of the fruit and toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
- No added sugar
- Come in a 15-16oz resealable pouch
- No spoiling like with fresh fruit
- Thaws quickly
- No peeling, slicing or dicing – it’s all done for you
Nature’s Peak is currently available in these areas –
Florida (All Regions)
New England (All Regions)
New Jersey (All Regions)
Maryland (All Regions)
Virginia (All Regions)
Washington (Seattle Area)
Oregon (Portland Area)
California (Los Angeles, San Jose Areas)
Arizona (Phoenix Area)
North Carolina (South West Area)
South Carolina (North West Area)
Georgia (South East and North East Areas)
Missouri (Northern Area)
Louisiana (New Orleans Area)
Arkansas (Little Rock Area)
For me, breakfast sets the tone of how I eat for the rest of the day. Now maybe I’ll stick with my 2010 resolution of eating healthier.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Nature’s Peak and received a sample to facilitate my candid review as well as two coupons to giveaway. In addition, Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Add us to your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on January 20, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck