We’re always looking for something NEW to celebrate here at the Mansion. I mean, Bastille day was fun – but I’m still trying to get all of that bubbly out of the Persian rugs from the race that came through my living room. Ah, but it was worth it – I found the BEST waiter and there was plenty of DP to go around.
I was getting a little down in the dumps, until I found out that TODAY is National Watermelon Day.
Since seed spitting is NOT on the agenda (how gauche), I found a wonderful water that is flavored with watermelon. It’s called HINT and it comes in a lot of other flavors as well. Unfortunately Hint can only be purchased in California or online right now, so if you were planning a celebration sans seed spitting like I am you may have to resort to the old standby of making a drunk watermelon.
Either way – enjoy!!
- 3 bottles of Watermelon HINT water
- 1 orange, peeled and broken into sections
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced right before making the sangria
- 2 cups of seedless grapes, cut into halves
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1/5 part Vodka
- 1 whole Watermelon
Drunk Watermelon Mixing Directions
Cut a hole in the top of the watermelon and pour all of the vodka in the watermelon. Put the watermelon (hole upwards) in the fridge for one day before eating.
- Watermelon Martini Ingredients
- 1 oz Midori Melon Liqueur
- 1/2 oz (fresh) Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Citrus Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz (fresh) Watermelon Juice
Watermelon Martini Mixing Directions
- Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve