While I’m getting the nutrition end of my lifestyle change in order (via the #31Days challenge), I’ve been having a problem getting the fitness end of it started. I wish that I had a workout buddy. Maybe then it would be easier. I’ve got the clothes thanks to #JockeySport, and I walk everyday (the upside of having a dog is that I’m FORCED to walk…unless I want a MESS in the house). What I need is something that’s SIMPLE to do, is progressive so that I don’t feel overwhelmed and is practical and inexpensive.
What I found is the book Naked Fitness by renowned fitness and nutrition expert Andrea Metcalf. Now don’t worry, it won’t have you doing your exercising in your birthday suit. Naked Fitness is about “stripping away all the obstacles, barriers, and excuses in your life that keep you from getting your wonderful body into the best shape possible.”
Beginning with testing your fitness and progressing based upon your score you’ll get a 28 day program that includes a workout that needs no expensive equipment, a walking program as well as nutrition principles that will help you not only LOOK but FEEL your very best (yes, even naked). If you haven’t already done so, take the test to find out if you’re an emotional overeater that I posted back in December.
In Naked Fitness Ms. Metcalf helps readers free their bodies of pain, while teaching them how to manage daily health, tailored to specific body types, using:
- Step-by-step exercise routines (with photographs)
- Questionnaires with resulting exercise prescriptions
- Food, nutrition plans, and shopping lists
- Tips for enhanced nutritional well-being and physical body tone and movement
- Mantras, emotional health tips, and much more
Ms. Metcalf is not a self-proclaimed guru, she has a degree in exercise science and has developed programs that have been used with great success. I’m only just beginning her program, but the fact that it’s a practical program is enough to get me started.
Naked Fitness: The Proven 28 Day Lifestyle Program for a Slimmer, Fitter, Pain Free Body is available for purchase at Amazon.com and other booksellers.
I received a copy of this title for my book review. All opinions are strictly my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link it will send the tweet to your twitter. Hit send and you’re all set.)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!- 5 extra entries
- Add this giveaway to a sweepstakes site – 5 extra entries
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on February 3, 2010 11:59 EST.