Did you know that you can type SMS messages from GMail to someone’s cell phone? YES – TEXT messages! No paying .25 a message to send the message or receive one back to your Gmail account (of course the person on the receiving end still has to either pay for the text or have it go against the texts in their plan). I already have texting on my mobile phone, but I really like the idea of being able to text my hubby while he’s out and remind him to pick up my double tall non-fat sugar-free vanilla latte (retired over 10 years & I can still call a drink in the right order – LOL) while I‘m online
- If you don’t have a Gmail account, it’s easy (and FREE) to sign up for one.
- Once in Gmail click on the SETTINGS tab.
- In the SETTINGS tab, click on LABS (2nd from the right)
- Scroll down to Text Messaging (SMS) in Chat (it’s almost to the bottom), enable & save
- It will bring you back to your Gmail page
- Scroll down to CHAT & just put the phone number of who your texting in & you’re READY TO GO
I’d say that’s a Good Life application now, wouldn’t you?