I’m a displaced northerner in South Florida and frankly I don’t know very much about Southern Cooking (other than fried chicken). If the Betty Crocker Mississippi Mud Supreme Bars are any indication of what southern desserts are like, then I’m officially a Southern Belle.
At first glance, I assumed that these bars would be simply a brownie, but boy was I wrong. I love chewy brownies and these Mississippi Mud bars took chewy to a whole new level. They’re filled with tiny marshmallows and baked in a crunchy chocolate cookie crumb crust. Did anyone here say diet? You’d better HUSH NOW, because the diet has officially been thrown out the window as I’m enjoying these bars WAY too much.
They were very easy to make. The only addition to the dough and crust was some butter, eggs and a few TBLS of water. Even I who can have “issues” in the kitchen was able to make these perfectly cooked, chewy delights. I was also able to eat MORE of them than I should have.
Since they’re by Betty Crocker, they’re easy to find at your neighborhood grocery store. So, why serve the same old brownies when you could be enjoying this chocolate deliciousness?
Thank you to Betty Crocker and My Blog Spark for providing my Mississippi Mud Bar Mix as well as a baking pan to cook them in for this review.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on June 19, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor for fulfillment.
* Good Luck