Want to get the most out of your loyalty programs? Here’s some advice from someone who REALLY knows – Michael Lowery – Senior Director of Strategy & Marketing at Hotels.com
1. Pool Your Points into a small number of rewards programs to maximize the benefits.
2. Keep track of your membership email/membership number, you’ll need it each time you make reservations and some programs now track by email address.
3. The monthly statement and membership site is your best friend for perks – Check frequently in order to quickly find which rewards you may be eligible for.
4. Rewards and promotions may be posted on the Twitter and Facebook accounts of your favorite sites and properties. Look for exclusive deals.
5. Business travelers should look to accumulate points at hotels close to where they often conduct business.
6. Look for loyalty programs that don’t tie you down to a specific hotel chain. This maximizes your flexibility.
7. Carefully examine how long it takes you to get a free stay. This can vary substantially by program.
Another way to take advantage of great offers can be found at www.welcomerewardschallenge.com/hotels where Hotels.com recently launched its welcomerewards® Challenge. You get a free night for every 10 nights you complete through Hotels.com, PLUS — challenge takers can get free bonus nights at their 15th and 30th nights. Yes, that’s 5 free nights! PLUS – Hotels.com is giving away two free FLIP Ultra™ Camcorders every day between now and December 31st.
Leave a Reply