When my son and his girlfriend announced to us this past year that they were planning on getting married I had mixed emotions. I love the both of them, but they’re still in college and my first reaction instead of “how wonderful” or “congratulations” was, are you going to finish school? Thankfully, the wedding has been planned for AFTER graduation (hopefully with enough time to find a JOB before the nuptials occur).
While I’ve already given them their engagement gifts (money to help with the wedding planning), I keep thinking about all of the fun things that they’ll need to do. If it were me, the first thing I’d do is run out and REGISTER for gifts.
The importance of WHERE to register can be important. You want them to be able to pick out items in various price ranges and also at a store that all (or at least MOST) of the guests can actually get to or easily access online.
Me? I prefer a store like Macy’s. First of all, they have a HUGE registry program and they also offer Star Rewards for their cardholders. That means that when you buy something using your Star Rewards card, or you RECEIVE a registry item from you list at Macy’s – you’ll be accruing points which get turned into Macy’s gift cards to BUY MORE!
At Macy’s your wedding registry can be accessed online, so that you can easily add or subtract items and gifts can be ordered online (so your aunt in East NoWhere can easily get that piece of Waterford that your registered for).
Oh and Macy’s registry is not limited to Brides and Grooms, I actually registered when we had our 25th Anniversary and you could do the same if you’ve got a housewarming party, birthday, etc. coming up.
Macy’s would like to give you a HEAD START on your gift registry by offering one of our lucky readers a $25.00 Macy’s Gift Card.
** Go to Macys.com and tell me what you’d like to spend your $25 on**
- Vote for our “sister” site – The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline LOVE! this site contest
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Add us to your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 19, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck