You know you’re getting old when your doctor has become an old friend. The good part of that is that I can have a no holds barred conversation with the man without embarrassment, which leads to better health care.
Why am I talking about this on Champagne Living?
Frankly, you can’t lead a fabulous life without being healthy. You don’t look beautiful with a red runny nose and itchy eyes. If something major is wrong, and you won’t have the energy to show up at all of those elegant parties and events that I’ve been telling you about.
Better communication with your doctor leads to better health care.
It just makes sense. If you don’t tell him what’s REALLY bothering you, he can’t help. If you don’t know where to start, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality can help.
There are 10 questions you should know
- What is the test for?
- How many times have you done this procedure?
- When will I get the results?
- Why do I need this treatment?
- Are there any alternatives?
- What are the possible complications?
- Which hospital is best for my needs?
- How do you spell the name of that drug?
- Are there any side effects?
- Will this medicine interact with medicines that I’m already taking?
Don’t be AFRAID to ask. For more information about communicating with your doctor go to ahrq.com, because I when I see you at that fashion show, I want you to be as healthy as you can be…so you’ll look FABULOUS in that gorgeous Rachel Roy dress.