Crystal balls, reading palms and tea leaves have NOTHING on fortune cookies! WHAT? You’re not going to tell me that the first thing that you do after going out for some Hot & Sour Soup followed by Kung Pao Chicken and white rice that you don’t IMMEDIATELY crack open the fortune cookies that arrives with your check? You and I BOTH KNOW that they really help end the meal with a SMILE. Yeah, they’re usually trite (and on target), but something inside always say’s “How did it know?”
If they make you smile after dinner, can you IMAGINE what it would be like to get a GIANT FORTUNE COOKIE that is personalized with your own message? I had that happen to me earlier this week.
You know that I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for unique gifts. My feeling is that what creates the good life is the ability to totally enjoy life. Gift giving is one of those special things that you don’t want to be mundane. There’s something about giving something just a little out of the ordinary that makes your gift memorable. I think one of the more difficult things to find are edible gifts that makes the statement that you REALLY thought about what you are giving. Which is why I went absolutely
The romantic in me immediately saw this as a great way for a guy to propose, with a “Will you marry me?”on the fortune (and maybe the diamond tucked into the cookie).
I had one of these cookies customized for a family member’s upcoming birthday. Oprah has ordered from Fancy Fortune Cookies twice and Jennifer Love Hewitt sent Chocolate Dipped Fancy Fortune Cookies for Christmas to the likes of Dustin Hoffman, Drew Barrymore and over 525 other Hollywood celebrities.
These are the kind of gift you can get for ANYONE, including –
- That ONE person that you can NEVER figure out what he/she wants or likes.
- The person who HAS everything.
- Someone you want to impress.
- Someone with a GREAT sense of humor (especially since you can customize the fortunes)
You’re probably thinking that these are GREAT but they must cost a “fortune”. I mean, they’re baked FRESH, customized with whatever flavor you like, dipped in your choice of toppings (mine has milk chocolate of course) and then sprinkled with candy colors ranging from pastels to brights. So, not only are they cool to look at – but they’re absolutely DELICIOUS. Guess what? They’re UNDER $30. You could make a GREAT impression on someone and NOT BREAK THE BANK!
I’ve bookmarked both: Giant Fortune Cookies as well as Fancy Fortune Cookies because I have plans to bring them to a couple of parties that I have coming up this year. I’m thinking that if I get invited to a 4th of July Party (hint, hint), that this cookie with the red, white & blue stars would be PERFECT! Oh & if you can’t think of something terribly witty to put on the fortune, not to worry – there are plenty of custom message ideas right on the website.
ONE LUCKY Champagne Living reader will win $55 in credit to be used at either Giant Fortune Cookies or Fancy Fortune Cookies.
- Go to Giant Fortune Cookies and pick out your FAVORITE cookie. Come back and tell me which cookie you’d order and WHAT THE FORTUNE WOULD SAY.
- Go to Fancy Fortune Cookies and tell me which which is your favorite flavor as well as what you’d choose to be written on the fortune.
- Don’t forget to leave your name & e-mail address so I can contact you if you win
- Subscribe to Champagne Living by Email or RSS.
- Follow me on Twitter
- Add my button to your blog sidebar.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe/twitter – please note that in the comments as well).
* Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on July 10, 2009.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck
If you enjoyed this post get Free Updates.