I live in South Florida. It’s sounds Southern, doesn’t it? Yet in the five or six years that I’ve been here I can count on ONE hand the number of people that I’ve met that are from Florida. They’re mostly Northerners like myself, escaping the harsh cold winter weather.
I still “look” like a New Englander, talk like one, and even EAT like one (no catfish or grits for me). There are however a FEW exceptions, one of them being buttermilk bisquits. Still, I don’t eat them Southern style with gravy, I’m more of a jam, butter or plain type.
That being said, I usually only order them when I’m in a restaurant.
Miss Domestic here (with “miss” somewhere in the definitions below)
- fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; “I missed that remark”; “She missed his point”; “We lost part of what he said”
- feel or suffer from the lack of; “He misses his mother”
- fail to attend an event or activity; “I missed the concert”; “He missed school for a week”
- neglect: leave undone or leave out; “How could I miss that typo?”; “The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten”
wouldn’t know how to make a biscuit if it fell into the pan by itself. OR SO I THOUGHT. You see, Pillsbury sent me a coupon (and some other fun stuff) for some of their new Pillsbury® Grands!® Frozen Mini Biscuits and they pretty much fell into the pan by themselves (okay, so I tripped over the dog and the bag was open spewing the Frozen Mini Biscuits everywhere…luckily the pan was on the counter and a few landed on it).
The best part is that I can take out only as many as I need. So, if I want a couple with jam for breakfast – I just cook them in my little toaster/convection oven. For Thanksgiving, I’ll heat up a whole bag of them for everyone to enjoy. These smaller versions of the usual Grand biscuits are just the right size for creating appetizers or spreading with a variety of breakfast spreads, etc.
There’s just ONE THING that bothers me about them. Like “jumbo shrimp” and “almost exactly” – “Mini Grands” is an oxymoron. Just sayin’ Pillsbury…..
If you’d like to try them, My Blog Spark is offering a $1.00 off coupon good on ANY Frozen Pillsbury® Grands!® Biscuits. You can also LIKE Pillsbury on Facebook and keep up with the latest news, coupons and recipies.
Check out the FAB giveaway below, because YOU could win a Pillsbury® Grands!® Mini Biscuits prize pack which includes a VIP coupon good for a free package of biscuits, a $15 gift card to purchase your recipe creation/experimentation needs, a biscuit basket, a butter dish and spreader just like I got.
I received the pack shown from Pillsbury through My Blog Spark, but as you can see…all opinions are my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link & hit send)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on November 14, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor