My mother said that to me EVERY night before tucking me in to bed. EVERY night. I had NO CLUE what bed bugs even were back then. As a matter of fact, I never really thought about them until I started to travel A LOT.
I’ve gone from my goodnight saying to being totally freaked out that I’m going to wake up with a rash of bites and take those nasty bugs home with me. As a blogger who goes to a lot of events and does quite a bit of travel writing (as well as vacation travel), I’m now KEENLY aware of those little suckers. So much so, that I have a routine. I leave my suitcase out in the hall…go in to the room and lift the sheet off the bed and look in the upper and lower seam of the bed and around the tag. Luckily, I’ve only had ONE time that I saw them…and after screaming…I went back to the front desk and asked for a new room, which I checked the same way before accepting (although I stayed awake all night with the creepy crawlies just thinking about them).
Now I have a TOTALLY new routine. I still leave my bag in the hall, only now I enter ARMED AND READY. I pull back the sheet and spray the mattress with Pronto Plus Household Spray. I also spray around the headboard and footboard (if there is one), because I’ve since learned that those nasty inseccts can hide in the cracks & crevices of furniture, and more.
If you’re going to be doing any traveling and will be staying in a hotel room, cruise or anywhere you’re not sure of — you might want to grab a can of Pronto Plus just in case.
Pronto Plus Bedbugs & Dust Mite Killer is available for purchase on Amazon.com, Walgreens, Rite Aid and more.
I was sent a can of Pronto Plus for this review, all opinions are my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link it will send the tweet to your twitter. Hit send and you’re all set.)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!- 5 extra entries
- Add this giveaway to a sweepstakes site – 5 extra entries
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on January 21, 2010 11:59 EST.