Those of you who are my facebook friends know that my dear husband has been in the hospital since Tuesday morning and I have NO idea when he is getting out. One of the things that it has done (besides worry me sick) is make me VERY aware of the diseases that one can contract by visiting a hospital, school or any place where there are a LOT of people. Hospitals understand this, and place sanitizers on the door of every room. Grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target and those types of stores provide wipes for the shopping carriage. At home I always keep Lysol Disinfecting Wipes in the bathrooms at the Mansion, for easy clean-up (and to cut down on heavy cleaning time for the maid) and disinfect counters, garbage cans, etc. with Lysol Spray.
But what about you child’s school? How many of his/her classmates are going in with a runny nose (and you know what kids do to a runny nose), those that are just coming down with something and don’t know it yet (but still might be contagious), etc? Even in the finest prep schools in the country kids go to school sick. The start of school usually coincides with the beginning of flu season and we’re still faced with the H1N1 virus here in the US as well as MRSA.
We give our kids healthy food, make sure they get plenty of exercise and try to keep them as healthy as we can on the INSIDE. We can also help to cut down on a lot of the germs they may be contacting with a product that’s been a family standard for generations. LYSOL!
The Lysol brand has teamed up with Dr. Laura Jana, a pediatrician, mother of three school aged-children and owner of an educational daycare center. She would like to share her back to school checklist with moms to help them prepare their children for a healthy and happy school year. Her tips include:
* The Health administration is predicting a very serious cold and flu season, so teach your children about healthy hygiene habits before they go back to school and get exposed to classroom germs, like MRSA or H1N1 virus. Check out the new educational Web Site for kids, developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at www.oopkids.com. This kid-friendly Web site is designed to educate children about healthy hygiene habits and safety routines.
- This Web site is an expansion from an existing health campaign with the CDC – Ounce of Prevention .
* Send school germs packing by encouraging your children to drop their book bags, take off their shoes and leave their coats at the door when they walk in. Send them straight to the sink to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice!) while you spray their bags with Lysol Disinfectant Spray to help kill bacteria they may have picked up from the school bus, the playground or the classroom.
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray effectively kills 99.9% of bacteria on soft surfaces, including the family couch! (Press release available upon request)
- For more information, check out the Lysol Back to School Information Center
Additional resources for parents are available at Lysol.com.
* The Germ Information Center provides useful information to help families fully understand the threat posed by germs.
* Resources & Downloads has a variety of downloads including the “Looking After You” series of booklets, which provide practical information and tips for keeping you and your children healthy from pregnancy through childhood.
Now Lysol wants to help your family stay healthy as well.
Lysol is offering 2 of Champagne Living’s readers the chance to win a 12.5 oz Lysol Disinfectant Spray and two 40 ct. canisters of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes – one for home and one to send to the classroom!
- What’s the ONE place that you think harbors the most germs at home or in the classroom.
- PLEASE include your e-mail address.
- Use the comment’s below to enter.
- Enter DAILY for the best odds
For Extra Entries:
* Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
* Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
* Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
* Twitter this giveaway
* Add our badge to your blog/site
* Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on September 12, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck
Thank you to the Lysol Brand for providing me with a can of Lysol Disinfectant Spray and a canister of Lysol Brand 4in1 Disinfecting Wipes. You couldn’t have known how timely this would be.