Mr. S and I bought our first sailboat back around 1985. It was a 27′ O’Day with a cuddy cabin that slept four. It was the perfect boat for our small family and looking back, I miss spending our mornings enjoying coffee on the deck and going out for an afternoon sail to Newport or one of the smaller islands in RI (like Patience and Prudence).
Back then we’d throw everything into a couple large stiff sailcloth boat totes and hope for the best. One of my biggest complaints (aside from having to clean the boat at the end of the day), was that the totes were cumbersome, stiff and very difficult to carry.
Imagine my delight to find that I no longer have to lug around these old heavy totes. Sailor Bags makes sailing bags (totes, duffels, and more) that are not only functional, but they leave out all of the resins that create those overly stiff bags and make them softer, durable and WATERPROOF. .I LOVE the fact that they’re MUCH lighter weight as well. Did I mention that they’re ATTRACTIVE? My readers know that I’m a HUGE proponent of form PLUS function and Sailor Bags have been able to fuse a wonderfully practical bag that will keep all of your belongings dry whether you’re trimming the sails, or just spending a day at the beach with the kids. .
I’ve actually taken to using my Sailor Bags Messenger Bag (at $59 – this is a HUGE bargain) not only for toting my laptop around, but also as a handbag! As you can see, I LOVE the pockets for keeping my cell phone, keys, and makeup, organized and easy to grab. Their bags come in RED, WHITE or BLUE sailcloth and
I just LOVE finding wonderful fashionable items at the most unexpected places. A handbag from your local Ship’s Store or DIRECTLY from Sailor Bags (shipping is only $2.99 per order) to complete your summer nautical look? Absolutely!
- Popular, yet classic, nautical design
- Handsome, tailored and classic look
- Attention to detail with zigzag stitching, grommets and other components that you’d expect from a quality product.
- They will monogram with customized embroidery
- Available in white, red and blue fabrics (not all styles)
- Made of Water-resistant sailcloth, durable and functional
- Waterproof lining
- Lots of pockets
- A variety of sizes and styles
- Zippered top keeps contents dry and secure
- Machine washable (except cooler bags)
- Unlike canvas, Sailor Bags keeps its size and shape
- Easy to stow, foldable
- Lower priced than other sailcloth bags
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Guaranteed for life
- $2.99 shipping for all domestic ground orders
I know that many of you own boats – whether they be power or sail, kayaks or skiffs – or you’re just running to the beach and want to keep all of your belongings dry, you’ll find Sailor Bags to cost LESS than the USUAL bags with MORE STYLE, plus a LIFETIME GUARANTEE!.
For those landlubbers reading this – check out the classic zipper purse (that will NEVER go out of style). Going to a party? I LOVE this classic wine bag for only $15. This makes a GREAT hostess gift for a summer gathering that will be used again and again.
Thank you to Sailor Bags for providing a Messenger Bag and Wine Bag for this review. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.
Go to Sailor Bags and look at the collections, come back and fill in the form with your info and your FAVORITE piece from one of the collections.
- Vote for Champagne Living (can enter daily) in the BlogLuxe Awards (blogs you’re learned the most from category)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on July 18, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor