As a part of the #Lean11 challenge, I’ve been able to stay on my program at home, but you all know me…I NEED to go out to dinner. It’s a part of my lifestyle that I’m not willing to give up (unless the sky is falling).
The Problem? Finding a menu that’s weight control friendly and still offers a great selection.
The Solution: Bob Evans Fit From the Farm Menu
I have an admission to make. Before trying Bob Evans’ new healthy menu, I had only been in to this restaurant ONCE before (with Lee and Paul from Coupledumb.com). Bob Evans is a whopping four miles from my front door, but I dismissed it as being one of “THOSE” places. What I learned, is that it’s now one of “MY” places.
What I like: the Fit From the Farm menu spells out EXACTLY how many calories, grams of fat and sodium are in each of the dishes. Making choices based on your NEEDS very easy.
The Choices: Like the rest of Bob Evans menu – you can order BREAKFAST at any time of day. For breakfast lovers like me, this is a BONUS. With choices like Blueberry banana french toast and Veggie omelets to choose from on, it’s like SPLURGING only without the added calories.
Of course my hubby HAD to order the chicken pot pie (NOT on the Fit from the Farm menu) and torture me, but I enjoyed my grilled salmon with a baked potato and broccoli for around 480 calories without feeling deprived. There was SO much food on my plate that I could only eat a little more than half of it. The hard part was pushing away Bob Evans’ breads.
I received a coupon for a Fit from the Farm kit to facilitate this review, however all opinions are strictly my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link it will send the tweet to your twitter. Hit send and you’re all set.)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!- 5 extra entries
- Add this giveaway to a sweepstakes site – 5 extra entries
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on January 25, 2010 11:59 EST.