For a lot of us this is the toughest year we’ve seen yet in terms of our disposable income. DISPOSABLE? With the holidays here, the spending has already begun. Thanksgiving dinner cost more than usual this year. I’m paring down my holiday gift list and giving less than usual. The price of EVERYTHING has gone up and the money coming in has stayed the same. I wish that I was one of those “do it yourselfers”, but my 25 year old son just doesn’t want one of my one armed sweaters (long story, I’ll tell you about it sometime).
I remember picking up temporary jobs around this time of year when I was younger. All of the stores used to hire “holiday help” and for those who wanted a little extra money for gift giving it was a GREAT option. This year, as I looked through through the newspaper I saw very few HOLIDAY jobs.
Of course, being resourceful, I started hunting online. VOILA! I found this.
So, if you are looking to bring a little extra money into the household to help pay for the holidays….here are a few options.
Seasonal Home Based Customer Service Representative in CT, CO, FL, WA, and TX
training classes will be start on 12/15 and 12/22.
Experienced Customer Service Representatives for a Seasonal, Part-Time assignment to begin in mid-December and end in mid-February. This person will work from home and must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
A reliable personal computer that meets all of the following Higher One system requirements
- Windows 2000, XP, or Windows Vista (32 bit Version only) with Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Agents with Windows Vista will be required to install a VPN client provided by Higher One
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Antivirus Software with current and updated virus definitions
- Installed a current anti-spyware software
- Broadband internet access (Cable, DSL, or Verizon FIOS only. Internet Explorer 7 or higher)
- A quiet work area without background noise and interruptions (ex. pet noises and personal interruptions)
- Ability to be on the internet and a landline phone call simultaneously
- Ability to pass a credit and background check
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week between the hours of 8am and 8pm EST
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
The Home Based Customer Service Representative will respond to inbound telephone inquiries and email requests from Higher One accountholders. Customer service representatives serve as the first contact with card holders. In this role you will assist customers with questions and issues regarding their accounts.
Qualifications: 1 to 3 years experience in customer service and data entry experience required. Good listening skills required. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have professional phone manner and ability to handle customer complaint calls. Previous experience working in a bank and/or call center is helpful. Bi-lingual/Spanish speaking a plus. Possibility of assignment turning from Temporary to Permanent.
Pay scale is between $10 and $12 to start
***Pre-employment background and credit check are required. Applicant must not have collection items including charge offs, judgments or liens. Bankruptcy items are excluded.
Fluent in SPANISH?
Ads Quality Rater – Spanish Language
This is a temporary role offered through WorkforceLogic.
The area: Engineering
The world-class Engineering team at Google aims to solve the most fascinating and difficult problems in computer science and make a positive difference in tens of millions of lives every day. Google engineers are always on the forefront in the creation of new and exciting products in a number of areas, and play a key role in the development of one of the world’s most impressive computing infrastructures.
The role: Ads Quality Rater – Spanish Language
WorkforceLogic is recruiting part-time telecommuters with fluency in Spanish to help with Quality Evaluation for websites for Google Inc., the search engine company based in Mountain View, California.
- You will work online from home 10-20 hours per week, at any time of day; the schedule is up to you.
- All work will be performed in the U.S., participants must have a valid U.S. work authorization.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- In-depth, up-to-date familiarity with Spanish (Spain) culture and media and with the Spanish-language World Wide Web.
- A high-speed internet connection.
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States.
- Moderate ability to read and write in English. You must be able to read and write English well enough to use software with an English interface, understand complicated instructions written in English, and make yourself understood in informal written communication. This job involves frequent written discussion in English with fellow Ads Quality Raters and project administrators.
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to email@example.com. Important: Resumes that are not in English will not be considered! The subject field of your email must include Ads Quality Rater – Spanish Language.