I always found it interesting that although you can’t catch a cold from going outside in cold weather, that this is typically the time of year when we DO catch colds more often. Of course in some ways it DOES have to do with the weather. We spend so much more time indoors, that germs are passed a lot more easily.
To make things a little easier on moms and kids, Triaminic – makers of Triaminic Thin Strips have partnered with the National Association of School Nurses to help YOU decide when to keep the kids home or send them to school (when they aren’t feeling 100%).
The Sick Day Guidlines include keeping your child home IF they have
- A fever of 100.4 or higher
- Have been Vomiting
- Symptoms to make them not be able participate in school such as
- Excessive tiredness and lack of appetite
- Productive coughing or sneezing
- Headache, bodyaches, earache
- Sore throat
Triaminic also sponsors the National Cold and Flu Tracker – This resource provides a weekly data feed of cold and flu symptom trends by region, based on data from SDI Fan® (a source used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Being aware of the activity in your area (or an area that you are traveling) can help you prepare for when cold and flu symptoms appear. For example, Greensboro, Little Rock, Syracuse, and Albany have the highest incidence of illness this week.
To find out the complete Sick Day Guidelines as well as the Cold and Flu Tracker – along with a COUPON for a discount on Triaminic products head over to Triaminic – Moms Just Know.
To help you through the cold and flu season, Triaminic is giving away a set of Triaminic Thin Strip packs of 4 boxes of Triaminic thin strips with 14 thin strips on each box.to three lucky Champagne Living winners.
Thank you to Triaminic for allowing us to review and let you know about Triaminic Thin Strips as well as offering this giveaway. We were not compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly our own.
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Add us to your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on February 10, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck