- Only YOU can make the choice to take control of your health and well being.
- Only YOU can take steps for a healthy lifestyle.
- Only YOU can do whatever it takes to protect yourself.
- Only YOU can…..
As women, we have a tendency to spend our time taking care of others. Our children, husband, and elderly family members seem to always take our time. How many of your take the time to take care of yourself as well as you take care of others?
“According to the American Cancer Society, about half of all cancer deaths could be prevented if people maintained a healthy weight through diet and regular exercise; avoided tobacco products; and got recommended cancer screening tests.”
Personally, I should know better. My mother passed away from cancer at the age of 55. That has made me KEENLY aware of the importance of screenings, etc. But I still struggle with my weight and am BAD about getting enough exercise.
Recently Walgreens and the American Cancer Society teamed up to create the Choose You campaign.
Along with Sprite Zero and Ellen Pompeii as their spokesperson, they have launched a new initiative to encourage women to take control of their health.
At ChooseYou.com, women can choose from five different health categories: Eat Right; Get Active; Get Recommended Health Screenings; Protect Your Skin; and Quit Smoking. Participants give a minimum $5.00 pledge once they sign a Choose You Commitment to give them an incentive to stay on track. Friends and family are also encouraged to support them.
I spent quite a while on the Choose You site and found it to be quite inspirational.
To celebrate this initiative, the American Cancer Society and Walgreens are giving away a “GET HEALTHY” gift bag to one of Champagne Living’s readers.
I received a Get Healthy gift bag for my participation in this project as well. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on June 24, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor for fulfillment.
* Good Luck