I can’t remember a time when you could catch a show on Broadway (or in your hometown) for these prices. Over the past few years we’ve seen tickets rise into the HUNDREDS of dollars. But, like any other business, times are tough and the theater is no exception.
A STAPLE in the discount ticket arena has always been the Broadway TDF’s
TKTS Discount Booths offer tickets to Broadway and Off-Broadway musicals and plays at up to 50% off. With dozens of productions on sale every day, there’s something for everyone!
There are 3 locations to buy tickets ~
- The Times Square Booth for day-of-performance tickets.
- The South Street Seaport Booth for tickets to evening performances on the day of the performance, and matinee tickets the day before.
- The Downtown Brooklyn Booth for tickets to evening performances on the day of the performance, and matinee tickets the day before as well tickets to Brooklyn performing arts events
The TKTS Booths are open ~
- Monday – Saturday: 3pm – 8pm
- Sundays: 3pm until one-half hour before the latest curtain time being sold.
For matinee performances:
- Wednesdays and Saturdays: 10am – 2pm (Please note: no evening tickets are sold from 10am to 2 pm at Times Square)
- Sundays: 11am – 3pm
If you’re coming from out of town and don’t want to chance not getting the tickets you want.
Broadway Insider has the 411 on some great discounts as well.
- 9 to 5 – as low as $56.50
- Hair – starting at $60.00
- Shrek the Musical – $45.50 and up
There’s nothing like enjoying a Broadway show to really make you feel like you’re living the good life (and at these prices – you’re living it for LESS).