You’ll rarely see CD reviews here on Champagne Living. The reason is, that I can’t STOMACH much of the garbage that I’m sent to listen to, that I never make it through the entire CD. Most of them make better coasters to put under my chardonnay.
The exception has been Bible Belt by singer/songwriter Diane Birch. I’m an “old school” type. I still put on James Taylor and Carole King. My husband makes fun of my music, because I LOVE female vocalists best of all. Yes, there are new artists that I adore (and yes they are primarily female), but I consistently go back to my “old standards.”
Diane Birch is like an old soul with a new voice. She has been compared to Carole King, Amy Winehouse and Linda Ronstadt (although frankly, I don’t get the Linda Ronstadt comparison). I’m going to add Mary Chapin Carpenter to that list of women that she reminds me of. With the earthy sounds similar Winehouse and the phrasing that reminds me of King and Carpenter – Diane Birch actually has produced a sound that when combined, is uniquely her own.
The best thing is that although Bible Belt is her debut album, it was produced by the cream of the crop in the recording industry. Just listen to Fire Escape and you’ll get the feeling that she’s been at this for a lifetime.
Thanks to the One2One Network for hooking me up with this great CD –
one of Champagne Living’s lucky readers is going to win a copy of this great CD as well!
- Tell me who is your all time favorite singer, band, orchestra, etc. along with your name and e-mail address in the comments below.
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE by Email or RSS. Follow me on Twitter
- Add my button to your blog sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe/twitter – please note that in the comments as well).
* Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on June 26, 2009.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck
If you enjoyed this post get Free Updates.
Buy purchasing Diane’s album from iTunes or Amazon through this link, $1.00 from the proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation. My mother died of breast cancer when she was only 55 (the same age that I am now), so this is a cause that is near & dear to my heart.