There’s nothing worse than when Halloween lands on a school night. I totally remember my son begging to stay out trick or treating past his curfew, but I was one of the MEAN moms and made him come home.
Even when I was a child, I’d check the calendar around the beginning of October to see if Halloween was going to land on a Saturday, so I could make a BIG HAUL, stay out with my friends, go to parties and have a BLAST.
When you think of all of the NATIONAL holidays that have changed dates to land on Monday’s just so federal and state worker’s can have the day off it’s amazing that NO ONE tackled the issue of Halloween before. Well now someone has
Spirit Halloween has created a movement to have Halloween fall on the last Saturday in October EACH and EVERY year.
- More fun. Parties last longer, families spend more quality time together.
- Unrushed. Parents can take their kids trick-or-treating earlier and for longer periods of time and nobody has to worry about rushing home from work to get into a costume.
- Better for the economy. Halloween-related retail sales are as much as 30% higher when Halloween falls on the weekend versus a weekday. And that means more jobs and better paychecks.
Spirit Halloween is inviting people young and old to
1. Throw your own Halloweekend party. If you email the Halloweekend team at firstname.lastname@example.org, they’ll send you tips on how to throw a great bash and a discount for Halloween goodies.
2. Support them on Facebook.
Oh and did I mention that……………………..
To kick of the Halloweekend Movement Spirit Halloween is giving awaya $25 Gift Certificates valid at ANY Spirit Halloween store to two (2) of Champagne Living’s lucky readers.
- Vote for our “sister” site – The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline LOVE! this site contest
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Add us to your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 24, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck