The staycation was the “getaway” of 2009. But WHY limit yourself to a once or twice a year vacation when you can explore your surrounding area EVERY week? Having just returned home from a day in the Big Apple I got to thinking about how much fun it is to get away.
Why not make a pledge to get away once a week or once a month? You don’t have to go through the hassle and expense of making travel arrangements, etc. Every spring/summer I go away at least monthly. I take off for Fort Lauderdale or another city that’s within an hour or so drive of where I live and I’m a tourist for the day. There’s no need to spend a LOT of money.
Think about what you enjoy doing when you’re on vacation. If I go to New York, I love going to the museums and taking in a show. Why not do the same at home?
1. Go listen to a REHEARSAL of the symphony or pops orchestra in your area. Rehearsal tickets are usual VERY inexpensive.
2. Check out local community, repertory and college theater. Don’t forget that many theaters offer RUSH tickets (yes, even some Broadway shows).
3. Never had Moroccan or another type of food? Have LUNCH (always less than dinner) at a restaurant you think is exotic.
4. Check out local art galleries. Get on their list of “openings” and you could find yourself with a glass of wine in hand, enjoying some hors d’oeuvres FREE of charge as you chat with the artist and admire their work.
5. Go out for dessert. When I’m in Providence, I used to have dinner at home and then go to Pastiche on Federal Hill for a sinful slice of cake and coffee. It’s less than dinner out and OH, SO SPECIAL.
Is there something that YOU enjoy that we might all benefit from? Feel free to leave your idea in the comments, I’d LOVE to try out new ideas and places.
These are great ideas! I'm loving the art gallery one and the rehearsal one especially. 🙂
Come on down and we'll do both.
Thank you so much for this arecilt, it saved me time!
Velmi Äasto se ve spoleÄnosti setkÃ¡vÃ¡m s neznalostÃ rozdÃlu ve slovech tip a typ.DalÅ¡Ã vÄ›c je psanÃ slov hasÃcÃ pÅ™Ãstroj, balÃcÃ papÃr mÃsto hasicÃ pÅ™Ãstroj, balicÃ papÃr apod.A v neposlednÃ Å™adÄ› psanÃ doleva a do leva s tÃm, Å¾e je to jistÄ› to samÃ©.
I love how you related Radiohead to a collection…I totally agree with you, even if it’s not on the same artist. I still feel this is the magic of good music. I also appreciate the quality in you that can recognize how each year they progress as society does. love you
autoversicherung mit 18 says
hope this is ok, since you are looking for abstract pieces and that is what i do…do you want to take a look at some of my work at vatalife.com? (click on paintings or plexiglass). I have to update it with new stuff but hopefully it will give you an idea. no worries, otherwise.
Thanks for this dinner idea today. Posting this right after my dinner. The only variation I made was to use one cubed carrot along with pear and beets, and used dried chilli flakes in stead of pepper. And yes, a teaspoon of demerera sugar for the sweet tooth
Hah itu cara dia la nak guna perpuluhan apa.. atas padang kan refree tu 'sultan'… Zaman skrang ni banyak benda 'pelik bin ajaib'… orang buat sidang kat bawah pokok… orang baring kat jalanraya sanggah kereta sultan.. Alahai peliknya hidup ini…
student konto dispokredit sofort ohne einkommen uelzen says
Identified your article very exciting indeed. I really liked reading it and you make pretty some great details. I will bookmark this web site for that foreseeable future! Relly excellent content.
cheap to insure 1st car says
So if someone leaked the contents of the long gun registry to a political party, could they enter the info into a database? Could they keep it under the same laws that allow the CPC to track me should I ever call my MP (assuming my MP is CPC), with me having apparently no recourse?