It used to be that you could sock your money away in a bank and actually SAVE for something. Now, if you don’t have enough in your savings account – the bank actually CHARGES you a fee. Yes there are CD’s – but have YOU SEEN THE RATES? I’ve always been a fan of mutual funds, since picking stocks is for the professionals, but lately that hasn’t been so good either.
Conventional investing is NOT what it used to be and I recently read the book Bank On Yourself: The Life-Changing Secret to Protecting Your Financial Future which offers a DRAMATICALLY different approach to investing and financial planning. Pamela Yellen shows how you can forget about the stock market, and not have to worry about what’s up and what’s down.
Here are some of the items that she speaks about in Bank On Yourself.
- Have a rock-solid financial plan and a predictable retirement income that can last as long as you do — with no luck, skill, or guesswork required
- Turn your back on the stomach-churning twists and turns of the stock and real estate markets
- Get back every penny you pay for your cars, vacations, home repairs, business equipment, a college education, and other major purchases, so you can enjoy more of life’s luxuries today without robbing your nest egg! (The average family could increase their lifetime wealth by $500,000 to $1,000,000 or more using this method, without the risk or volatility of stocks and real estate)
- Become your own source of financing and recapture the interest you pay to banks and finance companies — reduce or eliminate the control those institutions have over you
Throughout the book she gives example after example of how real people were able to use what she calls a “B.O.Y.” to pay for college, finance businesses, eliminate debt and build their retirement nest egg. Her claims make a lot of sense (and I’m guessing that a lot of other people feel the same way as this book has been on the NY Times Bestseller List, USA Today and BusinessWeek’s Bestseller lists). These are actually tried and true methods, but not something you would normally think of when setting up a savings program.
Now out in Paperback – Bank On Yourself: The Life-Changing Secret to Protecting Your Financial Future is only $10.05 at Amazon.com. That’s a small investment that could really impact your financial future.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on May 7, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor for fulfillment.
* Good Luck