You know how I LOVE my bubbly, but did you know that while I love a flute of sparkling grapes, that I generally don’t serve champagne when I have a crowd? For the holidays and quite a few of my parties, you’ll notice that I serve Cava rather than champagne. At a much lower price point, Segura Viudus Brut Reserva is a high quality reserve cava that it is made in the same method as champagne (and aged for at least 3 years).
Personally, I’d rather serve an exquisite cava for $10 a bottle (yes, that’s how much Segura Viudus Brut Reserva is) vs. a CHEAP champagne…and by the way, there’s NOTHING worse than a cheap champagne.
This wonderful cava has a clean, delicate flavor with a creaminess that will have you coming back for more.
- The House of Segura Viudas is located in the Penedès region of Spain, just west of Barcelona
- At Segura Viudas, an unusually customized, labor intensive approach to cava making continues to set their wines apartWidely recognized as one of the top cava producers, Segura Viudas is consistently acknowledged for releasing some of Spain’s finest “artisan” sparkling wines.
- They focus on crafting artisan cavas in the traditional method, meaning that the wine goes through a second fermentation in the bottle
- Cava is Spain’s sparkling wine
- All Segura Viudas cavas are made in the same method used to make champagne
- They focus on using the native grapes of the region, the traditional cava grapes:
*Macabeo (mack-a-BAY-oh), Xarel-lo (shar-EL-oh) and Parellada (par-el-YA-dah)
For more information visit SeguraViudasUSA.com for holiday entertaining ideas and sparkling wine cocktail recipes or call1.888.706.2229 and give the operator your zip code to find a store near you.
- 13 Red Top Hats
- 12 Red Tiaras
- 24 Red Foil Horns
- 12 Gold Beaded Necklaces
- 24 Red Balloons
- 1 Gold Ribbon Egg
- 100 Red & Gold Confetti Stars (3 inch)
Since New Year’s Eve is almost here. This giveaway will only run for 24 hours!
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway unlimited entries (just click on the link it will send the tweet to your twitter. Hit send and you’re all set.)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on December 21, 2010 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck