It takes between 21 – 28 days to create a habit. That means that even if you have to write a reminder on the bathroom mirror for the next 4-weeks it really doesn’t take all that long in the scope of things. Whether it be exercise, cleaning up after yourself, or creating a dental routine that promotes healthy teeth and gums – the first 28 days are critical.
I’m almost at that point now, having done the PerioBalance Challenge for 21 days. It’s become automatic to me to brush & floss my teeth and pop a GUM PerioBalance in my mouth as soon as I wake up. While I used to go straight for the coffee pot, I now wait until AFTER I’ve finished my oral care.
The reward? My gums look and feel so much healthier than they did BEFORE I began this challenge. I’ve been keeping track of the pH in my mouth by using diagnostic pH test strips every few days. I’ve seem my pH go from from very acidic to optimal in just 3 short weeks. For someone like me, who dreads going to the dentist, because it means high scalings, etc. the more I can do to help cut down on problems with my gums (medications that I used to take took it’s toll on my gums), the better.
The BEST way to take care of your teeth and gums are:
- Brush twice a day for at least two full minutes. Hold the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle against your teeth. Brush your teeth, gum tissues, cheeks and tongue.
- It’s recommended that you replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Floss daily before brushing – brushing alone reaches only 3 out of 5 tooth surfaces! Flossing reaches between your teeth where periodontal disease can start.
- If you’re often on the go or have trouble flossing, try using GUM®Soft-Picks® to conveniently and discreetly remove food and plaque and massage gums throughout the day.
- If you have bridges, crowns, braces or implants, use GUM®Go-Betweens® Cleaners to remove plaque from those hard to reach places between teeth.
- Eat nutritious, balanced meals and limit snacking on sugary sweets.
Of course using GUM PerioBalance daily will help by adding those important probiotics that create a natural defense against problems that can lead to plaque buildup, bad breath and gum issues. For me it’s just a no-brainer. Plus they TASTE GOOD and make my breathe smell sweet (kisses anyone????).
- @SunstarGUM on Twitter,
- @NiaVardalos on Twitter
- GUM Brand on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/GUMbrand.
This post was sponsored by Sunstar GUM a product sampe has been provided to me for trial and review, but all opinions are my own.