On Thursday I leave for a short cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas. Mr. “S” LOVES to cruise and it’s a vacation that we can almost always agree upon. One of the reasons is that there is just SO much to do, that even though we have different interests, we can each find things that we enjoy. While he’s playing golf on the “virtual” course, I’ll be getting a massage or sitting out in the sun.
I must admit that this will be our FIRST time cruising with RCCL and I’m looking forward to the amenities that they have onboard their ships. While it’s not one of their new MEGA ships, I’m hoping that it will at least give us a taste of the true Royal Caribbean experience.
My earliest experience cruising was many years ago when “B” was young, with Carnival. It was just mother and son having a little getaway. Since then, Mr. “S” and I have regularly sailed on the Princess line.. One of the reasons is that we were used to the layout, and it cuts down on that “where do I find…” problem that happens your first day or so at sea. However, when my blogger friends returned from the inaugural sailing of the Oasis of the Seas last year and I read what they had to say, I KNEW that our next trip was going to be with RCCL.
Just LOOK at what they have to offer ~
- Surf hundreds of feet above the sea on the FlowRider®
- Relax in the Solarium’s cantilevered whirlpools, extending 12 feet beyond the sides of the ship
- Explore the colorful H2O Zone waterpark, complete with interactive sculpture fountains, ground geysers and a cascading waterfall
- Challenge yourself on their rock-climbing wall
- Spar with an experienced instructor in the full-size Everlast boxing ring
- Take a walk down the Royal Promenade – it’s Main Street U.S.A., right in the middle of the ocean
- Stay in the spectacular Presidential Family suite, complete with a private balcony with a whirlpool and wet bar, accommodating up to 14 people
- Stay connected while at sea using their wireless internet connection throughout the ship.
- Dance the night away at a world-class nightclub
- Sample cuisine and wines from around the world in a spectacular three-story dining room
- Share a romantic meal at one of their specialty restaurants
- Enjoy a juicy burger and fries at Johnny Rockets®
- Learn to skate backwards on the ice-skating rink
- Give the kids a vacation to remember with the award-winning Adventure Ocean® Youth Program
- Get your game on in the sports pool
- Share a bottle of wine with new friends at Vintages wine bar
- Hoist your favorite ale or lager at a unique British-themed pub
- Stop by Ben & Jerry’s® ice cream for cool treats in a rotating selection of fabulous flavors
PLUS – coming in 2011 DreamWorks Animation – what a GREAT FAMILY vacation this will make.
There are things that I just LOVE about cruising
1. Laying out by the pool or sitting in the whirlpool
2. The spa – particularly if they have thermal suites
3. Waking up before dawn and watching the sun rise as I drink my coffee on deck
4. Having someone cook and clean up after me…that’s a TRUE vacation
5. The Casino – Blackjack here I come!
6. Visiting new ports and exploring
7. Shopping (see #6)
8. Sitting on my balcony with a great book, a glass of wine and some appetizers (or dessert)
Next week I’ll bring you some of the photos and experiences, as well as my take on the food, the service and the FUN about the Freedom of the Seas.
Are you a cruiser?
What do you LOVE about this kind of vacation?
If you’ve traveled on Royal Caribbean before – What should I do (and what should I just miss)?
Off to pack…..
I hope you have a lot of fun, my friend!
Rich Girl says
OMG!! I never went on cruise vacation before. I think this is so much fun!! If I were you I would also enjoy SPA, sun and some Casino fun as well 🙂 Good luck and have a great time!
Rich Girl – Oh yes….those are all HIGH on my list. The sun I have in Florida. The casino sounds PERFECT as does the Spa.
I'm thinking that a Champagne Living cruise that's partially sponsored would be AWESOME.