I had a charmed childhood. We never wanted for anything. Our house was full of enthusiasm and passion. While some families push their children towards the practical – my parents motto was always “Dare to be different.” We were encouraged to reach for the stars and if they we couldn’t grab on to one, there was always another in the sky to try for. As a result my life was (and still is) lived with
My life has been rich beyond my wildest dreams. At the same time I’ve been dealt complexities that have kept me grounded. These obstacles that I have little to no control over certainly changed the course of my life, but they haven’t TAKEN OVER my life. It’s how you deal with them that makes the difference between a magical life and one lived in despair. I choose not to succumb to the negative.
Here are the 7 promises that I’ve made to myself.
- Do something that you really care about EVERY DAY. One step in the direction of something that you love is enough to start the journey.
- There are things that I can not possibly change. Accept them and move on.
- Even if you’re tired, or the weather is rainy and gray, be full of energy and enthusiasm.
- Trust your instincts. That’s what they’re for. It’s when we listen to others rather than our own heart that we set off on the wrong path.
- SMILE – make yourself smile, make someone else smile, just SMILE
- Follow your heart, your dream, your passion.
- Give your BEST EFFORT to everything that you do. The satisfaction that you’ll get from giving it your ALL can be fulfilling in itself.
Champagne Living is about living a RICH LIFE…not an expensive lifestyle.
I wrote this earlier today and then realized that my dear friend Katja was doing a “Live a Little” linky. It’s amazing how things sort of just fall into place when you’re Champagne Living. I hope that you’ll join in and Live a Little along with Champagne Living, Skimbaco and the rest of us.