It’s definitely the time of year to get away. It’s COLD up north (and it’s cool down here in Florida). Here are a few reminders that you don’t have to break the bank to have the vacation of your dreams.
1. Cruise. If you love to be on the open ocean a cruise can provide the perfect luxury vacation at a price that’s all inclusive. From fine dining through dancing the night away, visiting foreign ports and even bargain shopping on high-end goods (you should see what I bought in the Cayman Islands), a cruise can provide it ALL. Shop around for last minute deals, and don’t forget to let them know that you’re willing to be bumped UP a class or two if they haven’t sold that suite!
2. All-inclusive resorts. Last year I visited the Grand Caribe Park Royale Resort in Cancun. By utilizing the all-inclusive option at a resort, you’ll never have to worry about watching your pennies for dinner or even DRINKS (the Grand Caribe includes a stocked fridge with everything from bottled water to cold beer).
3. Priceline! My “best” friend when I travel – I use Priceline for almost ALL of my hotel reservations. Why? Because I’m able to choose resort or 4* accommodations when bidding. I stayed at the beautiful Renaissance Hotel in Providence for a mere $54 a night (vs. the $189 per night internet rate) last year using Priceline.
4. Priority Pass or affinity points with your favorite airline will allow you to use the airport lounges for less. With Priority Pass you can access up to 600 airport lounges in over 300 cities worldwide without having to give up your precious mileage points.
5. Dine out with gift certificates. Don’t just think of coupons & gift certificates for buying your cereal and cleaning supplies. With companies like Restaurant.com you’ll get GREAT discounts on restaurant gift certificates around the country (at up to 90% off when you have a code).