Fifty Ways to Get a Lover? How About Fifteen Ways to Save Money on Your Utilities!
Yes, I know, the “sturm and drang” of romance seems so much more alluring than saving money on your electric, your water, and your cable bills! BUT think of it this way! All that money saved pays for that new dress, that lovely evening out at the 4 stars Michelin, the trip to Alsaka….yes indeed.
Research energy companies.
One company, IGS Energy, provides offers fixed rate plans for natural gas and electric supply products, so that your natural gas and electric never goes up. Also many homeowners do not know that utility line repairs are the responsibility of the homeowner. With IGS Energy, those repairs and utility lines are no longer your responsibility thanks to energy choice and deregulation, they are covered by IGS Energy. IGS Energy delivers directly to your utility company and then the utility company delivers through their pipes and lines to your home. Cha-Ching you could be saving some coins and dollars.
- I know I am terrible about washing dishes by hand. If you do not have a dishwasher, fill the sink with water to wash your dishes and then rinse them in the sink. IF you have a dishwasher, make sure you do not run it until you have filled it properly and air dry it instead of using the heat button.
- Water dripping … no, no, no. I now when I want to fill my dog’s water dish, or get a cool glass of water, I run my tap until the water gets cold sometimes running it for 30 to 50 seconds. Chink, chink, chink. Now I have a gallon pitcher and fill it with water and keep the pitcher chilled in my refrigerator. It saves water!
- And the same goes for your washing machine! Stop your teenagers from throwing in one item and doing the wash! Wait until you have full loads. Use cooler water when you can.
- Keep an eye on flushing the toilet when you throw in a tissue or for superfluous flushing! Don’t be a Superfluous Flusher! Keep a garbage container by the toilet – and – use it!
- Pay attention to how long you are in the shower! Instead of letting the water flow while you brush your teeth, pay attention. Keep a glass full of water by the sink and rinse off your brush. And the same goes for shaving, gents! Keep that saving cup of water and flush your razor! Change shower heads to a low flow showerhead.
- And all that stuff we ignore! Turn off the lights, turn off the TV and unplug the computer when you are not using it. Use energy saver light bulbs! Pay attention to overhead fans and use them only when needed. Keep your air conditioner on a higher setting in summer, a lower setting in winter. AND ABOVE all, CHANGE YOUR FILTERS every month! This applies to all off your appliances…air conditioners, heaters, and vacuum cleaners…the entire deal!
- Here’s a thought! Consider permanent HVAC filters! Everyone agrees that you should change your HVAC filter on a regular basis, but not everyone agrees on the type of filter you should use. Next time you go shopping for a furnace (or AC) filter, here are a few things to keep in mind. These tips can save you a bundle and perhaps even prevent you from inadvertently damaging your HVAC equipment.
- Use a washable filter – also known as a permanent electrostatic filter for your HVAC systems. You can buy these online as a kit or you can have companies design one for your needs at a cost of about $35.00. This will save money yearly trust me!
- Using CABLE for TV to watch movies? Think of alternatives. There are many programs out there that do not cost as much as cable does. Try Netflix or Hulu (as low as $8.99 per month).
- AND if you are locked into a cable plan or contract, try to lower your costs. Call the Retention Departments of the cable company you use. As a user or a long term user, they will often lower your monthy bills to “retain” you are a customer.
- DID YOU KNOW: If you are a lower income customer or you are handling your parents or elderly friends set up for cable, there are plans for seniors on a fixed lower income. Century Link offers a plan that has no set up costs and runs from $15.00 per month to $20.00 per month for the fastest cable speeds.
- If you are setting up a new cable account, take advantage of new setup specials. Do your homework!
- Do not pay for higher bandwidth speeds when you only need 5mbps not 50mbps! With my internet provider, 5mbps is $14 per month plus taxes, and it goes up from there to almost $50 for a higher speed that does not make my internet any faster! I don’t play games and I don’t stream and use my computer for just the usual. Get smart!
- I have not owned a landline for four years now. I use my cell phone for everything. Cancel that landline and go without the extra bill!
And if you are truly interested research on the internet! There are so many ways to go green and help not only our pocketbook but our water and energy usages! Check it out!
Learn more about IGS through their local home energy consultants in person, by mail, phone (with highly trained and personable customer service representatives) or on IGSenergy.com. All associates are trained to be Trusted Energy Advisors, and with more than 1,000,000 residential and commercial customers you’ll find a product option that works for you while you go green, and enjoy predictability in your budget. Plus you’ll love IGS Companies community support.