There are moments (OK, DAYS) when living the good life seems out of reach. When it’s more difficult to get up and get going. Even I the eternal optimist have those days.
But, I’m very lucky. I’ve developed this I can do anything attitude. It’s not unrealistic. I was taught by my mom when I was very young that we were all born with the same potential and that we can all do ANYTHING if we set our mind to it. That’s not to say that it will come easily. Most of the time life ISN’T easy, but getting through those days is REWARDING. Personally, I find the journey even more rewarding that the final product.
So, I have a difficult time with the poor me, why don’t I have what he/she has type of thinking. So, for those who feel that way (and you KNOW who you are) I have to tell you.
- It’s NOT going to fall in your lap – you have to work at it.
- Mr./Mrs. Wonderful only exists in your mind – ANYONE can be Mr./Mrs. Wonderful if you look at him/her through loving eyes.
- Life doesn’t owe you ANYTHING – actually YOU OWE LIFE – so get out there & contribute.
- Nobody likes a whiner….enough said.
- And most of all – You get out what you put in. So stop wondering why you’re not getting anything and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. (ok, that’s just another way of saying #1, but it bears repeating).
I sure did enjoy reading this. I have a lot of friends who get jealous of me because they think and feel certain ways about my lifestyle. I tell them the same thing you are in control of you no one else has the authority to change YOU. * Sometimes they just don’t get it*
EXACTLY – I actually wrote this to vent because I spent HOURS on the phone this weekend listening to a friend complain about her life. Nothing is right, everything is wrong & she sits, calls, complains and does NOTHING to change things. You & I are ACTION people. When I want to change something I take action, when things look down I still have a great attitude and I try to see the GOOD things that life has to offer. It's all what you make of it.
Nice Blog..Informative and Creative..Feel free to visit my site..TQ
Dang! Are you having an upsidedown day? Love the title and the face says it all!
You must have read my mind. I know I can be a bit of a whiner something but that doesn’t get anything done. Do you whining and then STOP and move on I say!