I’m not complaining here, but you and I both know that mom’s do a lot….more than to only have ONE DAY to celebrate their awesomeness. Am I right, or am I right?
Why not celebrate the ENTIRE month of May?
SunTrust Bank wants to celebrate moms all month long this May by making the entire month as #MothersMay, and I am ON BOARD. That doesn’t mean that I need flowers daily, and you can keep your box of chocolates. It’s about MORE than a token gift…it’s a celebration and a way to honor mothers, motherhood and the important women in all of our lives
To mark the month
I’m going to offer my 62 years of wisdom. I’ve been married for almost 36 years and have raised a pretty awesome 32 year old son, and I think I know a thing or two about life’s lessons. I did learn from the best…MY MOM.
She taught me
- Dare to be different – My family believed that standing out from the crowd, being innovative, and creative was the way to live fulfilled lives.
- You can do (be) anything that you want – if you can just read the directions. We were encouraged to learn to do whatever we want.
- To take a minute and think – How will this impact you in 5 (or 10) years? This helped me make solid financial decisions.
- Always pay yourself first – Before I spend….I save. As a result I always have savings in case of emergency.
- Don’t spend what you don’t have – From a mortgage that’s within your price range, to a paying for my car in full, she taught me to live within my means.
- When you lend to family consider it a gift – When I’ve had to borrow from family, or when I offer to lend to family…it has always been considered a gift.
- Be silly – You’re never too old to have good old fashioned fun.
Keeping in the tradition of your mother’s best advice, SunTrust is offering everyone access to their onUpdates. They are taking the financial advice moms provide and sharing additional resources to encourage you to continue their journey from financial stress to confidence with their onUp community.
At SunTrust Bank their purpose is lighting the way to financial well-being. When you feel confident about your money, you can save for your goals and spend knowingly on what matters most to you.
The onUp movement was created to guide millions of people one step at a time towards a more financially confident life without ever losing sight of the moments that matter along the way.
Join the growing number of people transforming their stress into positive motivation to move onUp.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SunTrust. The opinions and text are all mine.