- I’m HOT
- I need a glass of water
- I’m COLD
- I can’t fall asleep
- Are you awake?
- I can’t get comfortable
- I’m HOT again
No, this is NOT the voice of a child who doesn’t want to go to bed, it’s post-menopausal me. Ever since “the change” I’ve gone from someone who could fall asleep easily and stay asleep without interruption to an insomniac.
Thinking that I might be able to get help, I asked Dr. P what I could do. Over a course of a year I tried.
- Sleeping pills - only to have a VERY BAD reaction
- Melatonin - woke up with horrible nightmares
- Warm milk - lactose intolerance 101 – don’t drink milk before bed
- Progesterone - YES, this helped…but not 100%
While I was ALMOST there, I still wasn’t sleeping as well as I should have been. I was TIRED of being TIRED. My family was sick of me being CRANKY all of the time. My weight had ballooned (sleep and weight loss/gain are closely related). HELP!!!! There had to be SOMETHING I WAS MISSING! What was the key to a good night’s sleep? It obviously wasn’t in my medicine cabinet.
Then I realized…
My old worn out mattress (with an attempted fix of a featherbed) just wasn’t cutting it. My mattress had lost it’s shape. It sagged in the middle, and was uncomfortable. How had I not noticed this? Could this be the ONE PIECE of the puzzle that I was missing? I was about to find out.
Last week I told you my Goldilocks story of mattress shopping at my local Sears. I bed hopped like a PRO (sic), trying every mattress that Sears has to offer. I knew that I had to allow both Mr. S and I comfort. The final decision?
iComfort’s Prodigy - it offers the firmness that Mr. S needs and the plush comfort that I need. It’s got cooling gel to help me deal with my night sweats, and most of all – it CRADLES ME in memory foam. What SOLD me was the comfort, but there are also PERKS for purchasing this mattress from Sears
- Free box spring or up to $400 off adjustable base
- Free Delivery with a $499 or more purchase
- Free Haul Away
- 36 month financing with a $1300 or more purchase
- Starting 8/19, you also get 2 free iComfort scrunch memory foam pillows with mail-in rebate
- Week of 8/24-8/31 you get bonus Shop Your Way Rewards by using the coupon code: BLOGMATTRESS
Still, the proof is in the
pudding mattress. Would the iComfort mattress REALLY make a difference?
I knew that our bedframe was also old and bent (with BOARDS to keep it from falling – see my fitful picture), so I opted to add one of the Motion Perfect® Adjustable Foundation . It not only supports my new mattress, but added features like being able to sit up in bed, have my knees in the perfect position for sleep, as well as a massage feature. Of course if you prefer a traditional box spring, iComfort has those as well.
My only question is…how is it going to look when it’s set up? I know that it’s comfy, I know that the base has great features & benefits, but will it look like a HOSPITAL bed (the first thing I think of when I hear the words “adjustable bed”)?
NOPE! Other than the fact that I had to force Mr. S out of the bed (hence the wrinkles & crooked pillows), it looks like a REGULAR BED. Rather than try to explain how how GREAT this bed & base is….
But the real question is….WHAT ABOUT THE MATTRESS?
It’s made to order! That’s right, when you purchase a Serta iComfort from Sears, your order goes straight to one of Serta’s factories (all mattress are assembled in the U.S.), for a mattress made JUST FOR YOU! 48 hours later, your mattress is ready for delivery.
Which brings me to the delivery. Buying a mattress from Sears means that you never have to worry about how to get it home, setting it up, or even getting rid of your old saggy mattress and box spring. The wonderful delivery people from Sears take all of that into their OWN HANDS…all you have to do is put on your sheets & comforter and hop in for a good night’s sleep.
25 Year Warranty - WHAT? Most mattresses are warrantied for about 8 – 10 years. Ours broke down COMPLETELY after about 6 years. The iComfort has a 25 year warranty – this is UNHEARD OF (and it means that I’ll spend less over the course of time by purchasing an iComfort).
They’ve added a layer of cooling gel - Remember how I was hot, then cold (from putting the air WAY down because I was sweating), then hot again? Most memory foam mattresses tend to make you HOT when sleeping. The Serta has added cooling gel to the iComfort mattresses that delivers an overall lower body temperature when you sleep. My night sweats thank you!
Price - I dare you to compare the Serta iComfort to the OTHER memory foam mattresses on the market. Add the special free box spring (or up to $400 off of the adjustable base) and you can join the ranks of sleeping in Champagne Living style without emptying your wallet.
NOW FOR THE REAL TEST…
Honestly…it took me a good week to REALLY get a great night’s sleep. Initially, I felt like I was sleeping at one of those 5* hotels – a plush bed, but it didn’t really FIT yet. One week later and while it still takes me a bit to fall asleep, I now STAY asleep until morning. I wake up feeling a heck of a lot more rested.
My only complaint - Mr. S spends WAY too much time in bed now. He’s moved the blu-ray player from the living room into the bedroom and stays there ALL DAY. I haven’t been able to make the bed in almost a week (wait….how is not having to make the bed a bad thing?).
My recommendation - Head to Sears and play Goldilocks like I did. Test out the various beds. The iComfort offers a 120 day in-home test drive. Try it at home and see if you love it
WIN a Serta iComfort Mattress!!
That’s RIGHT, I said you can WIN ONE…
There are 3 methods of entry.
To enter, you must (a) have an active Twitter account; (b) follow the Sears Twitter account (@Sears); (c) and tweet a status update from your Twitter account to @Sears about the “iComfort Mattress” with the hashtag:#iComfort
POST A COMMENT ON THE SHOWYOURWAY ICOMFORT CATALOG ENTRY METHOD:
POST A COMMENT ON ONE OF THE TWO ELIGIBLE BLOGS ENTRY METHOD:
PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
- One (1) Grand Prize: Grand Prize consists of one (1) iComfort Mattress with a 25 year limited warranty and one (1) box spring. ARV of the Grand Prize up to: $4,000
- Three (3) First Prize Winners: Each First Prize consists of one (1) set of iComfort Scrunch Pillows and one (1) Serta Adopt-A-Sheep. ARV: $167 each First Prize
- Two (2) Second Prizes: Each Second Prize consists of one (1) iPod Nano and one (1) Serta Adopt-A-Sheep. ARV: $157 each Second Prize
- Four (4) Third Prizes: Each Third Prize consists of one (1) Serta Adopt-A-Sheep. ARV: $8 each Third Prize.
- Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $4,847. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for installation and delivery.
Want to win a Serta iComfort from Sears of your own?
- Beginning 8/22 Sears is offering a blogger sweeps to pick a additional blogger to join MYSELF and Trisha from MomDot as part of the iComfort review team.
- Entry will be easy, simply send a link to your blog post to Sears telling them, ‘Why you deserve to win a chance to review a Serta iComfort Mattress’.
- Sears, along with Trisha and I will pick the best entry
- Five other bloggers who enter will get an opportunity to review a Serta iComfort scrunch pillow.
- Full details will be found here >http://bit.ly/OG3hS3 < beginning 8/22
This is a sponsored post. I received product &/or money to facilitate this review. All opinions are strictly my own.